10 Reasons You Should Attend Chi Omega's War Of The Wings

Wings and Wishes: the best combo!

25
Alyssa Winderlich

It's the greatest time of year: Chi Omega's annual War of the Wings event is almost here! On March 24, 2017 from 5-7 p.m., you can come out to Music Farm for just $7 to watch (or participate in) a wing-eating contest filled with fun music, great competition and adorable Wish children. So why should you come out to the greatest event of the spring semester?

1. All proceeds benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

All of the money Chi Omega raises goes straight to the Make-A-Wish Foundation. Our goal this year is $20,000 -- which can help us grant two children's wishes. Buy tickets at the door or online

2. Adorable kids will be there.

Many Make-A-Wish recipients and their families come out for the event, sharing in the fundraising. Many of these have close ties with Chi Omega Eta Gamma and are the sweetest (and most fun) group of people.

3. It's a wing-eating contest.

Which means you get to watch people stuff their faces with wings. And make a mess. And also watch girls destroy the boys (trust me, it's fun).

4. It's at Music Farm.

Columbia's favorite place! This also means we'll have great music and a fun vibe to supplement the wing-eating extravaganza that's happening.

5. There will be additional food and games.

It wouldn't be a Chi Omega event without corn hole and an excess of food (think Moe's chips and queso). It's why they call us Chow Omega.

6. You can win free stuff.

The event always has a raffle, so not only are you benefitting children in need and eating yummy good, you also can get a little something extra for yourself.

7. There's going to be a parents team.

Chi Omega's Parents Weekend is the same weekend, so we're having a team of parents compete in this wing-eating experience. Does it sound incredible? That's because it's going to be.

8. It's on a Friday.

What better way to start off your Friday night than with some wings, music and Wishes? It's from 5-7 p.m. so there are minimal conflicts with classes or Friday night plans.

9. Binge-eating is a form of stress relief.

It's science. You get to play corn hole and down as much free food as you can -- it's the ideal way to top off the week.

10. It's a lot of fun and you change a child's life.

Chi Omega has very deep, personal ties with the Make-A-Wish Foundation, and we have seen firsthand the ways in which children's Wishes have changed their lives, especially in the midst of something as grueling as chemotherapy. By paying just $7 to have a great time, you're helping Chi Omega continue to support children every single day.

Contact a Chi Omega with any questions, and we'll see you March 24!