15 Reasons To See 'Allegiant' This Weekend

As if convincing were needed...

14
Latino Review

For those of you who have been under a rock for the past few years, the "Divergent" series is a set of books written by author Veronica Roth that has left young adult readers wanting more since the start. Since being published, "Divergent" and "Insurgent," the first two books, have been made into movies, and the third installment, "Allegiant," is set to hit theaters this Friday. If you’re on the fence about seeing it, I’ve put together some reasons for why "Allegiant" is a must-watch.

1. No matter what you heard about the ending, you cannot possibly predict how it will play out on screen.

2. Theo James, otherwise known as Four, is…something.

3. Tris is a female lead that all girls can strive to be like.

Tris has undeniable bravery, wit and selflessness that makes everyone watching want to be like her. The badass tattoos don't hurt, either.

4. Shailene Woodley and Theo James have incredible onscreen chemistry.

"We are not people who touch each other carelessly; every point of contact between us feels important, a rush of energy and relief." - Author Veronica Roth writes about Tris and Four in "Allegiant"

5. If you read the book, you know you don't want to miss it all played out on the big screen.

6. If you didn't read the book, you're missing out. So do yourself a favor and at least see the movie.

7. You know you want to see what's beyond the wall.

Trust me, you do.

8. SPOILER ALERT: Jeanine (the evil lady) died in the last film.

Because although Kate Winslet did an amazing job, her character was a dread and had to go.

9. They finally reveal the science behind the storyline, which is pretty fascinating.

10. The trailer looks absolutely amazing.

11. Do you really have anything better to do this weekend?

12. If you're female and considering watching, the "Divergent" series is definitely woman-empowering as a whole.

13. If you're male and going see it, it's bound to be action-packed and filled with special effects.

14. Refer back to number two.

15. If you don’t watch this one, you won’t be able to watch the second part coming out next year.

The last book couldn’t be the last movie. That would be crazy, so they went ahead and split it into two parts.

Happy watching!