15 Reasons It's Perfectly Acceptable To Think 'Country' Is Attractive, So Get Your Yee-Haw On

In today's vernacular, being a cowboy can be hot.

405

To begin, there are many different things that are widely considered to be attractive. However, everyone's preference is different. There should be no judgment. You can, however, personally disagree but your opinion is not fact and should not be treated as so.

That being said, country men and women are definitely attractive to some. I wouldn't say that I am very country but I for sure have an appreciation for it. Coming from a small Podunk little town in Texas I have seen my fair share of different country stereotypes. I have seen hick, redneck, southern, hillbilly, and straight up country. On a side note, to be clear, there is nothing wrong with any of these.

Recently, I was dragged into a conversation where another girl and I were verbally shut down for what we found attractive. To start, there is nothing wrong with finding something attractive within moral correctness.

To clarify, when I refer to the attractiveness of country I am talking about cowboy/ranch hand country. We're talking about southern country cowboys and not the kind of country with ridiculous amounts of jewels on the back of their jeans.

1. They are hard workin' and find pride in their work.

2. Momma raised them with manners.

Chivalry is certainly not dead. I honestly miss being around men who actually want to open the door for me.

3. They can certianly pull off the outside gruff look but also clean up really nice. 

They are well-groomed and typically smell pretty nice. Weird but true.

4. Church goin' and God lovin'. 

Enough Said.

6. Dates with a country southern men are typically very unique and memorable because of it.

5. Family oriented and respecftul of their elders and authority figures. 

I'm not gonna lie, respect for others is already attractive all on its own.

7. Animal lovin'. 

Must I say more?

8. A deep southern drawl and drawn out ma'ams, sirs, and mornin's are something I miss hearing.

9. Their jeans actually fit!!! 

No skinny jeans here!

10. Minding their P's and Q's.

11. Well built because of hard work. 

I'm not necessarily talking about weight, I'm talking about toned by working hard at what they do.

12. Most truly southern men I have met are fiercely loyal.

13. They understand the intricacies of giving and are extremely generous.

14. They really will eat almost anything you feed them. 

You can cook basically anything and it works.

15. Nice trucks and tractors (;

"Big Green Tractor" anyone?

To close, you can like who you like and you shouldn't have to worry about what other people say to you about it. If I want to only think Spaniards are attractive, then it's your prerogative. You do you boo, do not let others shut you down because of things that make up your individuality and in turn do not do it to others.