15 Of The Best Quotes From "I Am Malala"

"If one man can destroy everything, why can't one girl change it?"
913

1. "In my heart was the belief that God would protect me. If I am speaking for my rights, for the rights of girls, I am not doing anything wrong. It's my duty to do so. God wants to see how we behave in such situations. There is a saying in the Quran, 'The falsehood had to go and the truth will prevail.' If one man...can destroy everything, why can't one girl change it?"

2. "The school was my world and my world was the school."

3. "Without honor, the world counts for nothing."

4. 'Then I'd pray to God, "Bless us. First our father and family, then our street, then our whole mohalla [district], then all Swat." Then I'd say, "No, all Muslims." Then, "No, not just Muslims; bless all human beings."'

5. "Education is education. We should learn everything and then choose which path to follow." Education is neither Eastern nor Western, it is human."

6. "We felt like the Taliban saw us as little dolls to control, telling us what to do and how to dress. I thought if God wanted us to be like that He wouldn't have made us all different."

7. "I don't know why, but hearing that I was being targeted did not worry me. It seemed to me that everyone knows they will die one day. My feeling was nobody can stop death; it doesn't matter if it comes from a Talib or cancer. So I should do whatever I want to do."

8. "Some people are afraid of ghosts, some of spiders or snakes- in those days we were afraid of our fellow human beings."

9. "First they came for the communists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist. Then they came for the socialists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a socialist. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, but I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Catholic. Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak for me." -Marin Niemöller

10. "Rest assured Malala will not die...she still has lots to do."

11. "I realized what the Taliban had done was make my campaign global."

12. "We human beings don't realize how great God is. He has given us an extraordinary brain and a sensitive loving heart. He has blessed us with two lips to talk and express our feelings, two eyes which see a world of colors and beauty, two feet which we walk on the road of life, two hands to work for us, a nose which smells the beauty of fragrance, and two ears to hear the words of love."

13. "When someone takes away your pens you realize quite how important education is."

14. "I told myself, 'Malala, you have already faced death. This is your second life. Don't be afraid- if you are afraid, you can't move forward."'

15. "Education is for every boy and every girl in the world. To sit down on a chair and read my books with all my friends at school is my right. To see each and every human being with a smile of happiness is my wish."

https://www.malala.org/