15 New Year's Resolutions That Don't Have Anything To Do With The Gym

Yeah, the gym is good, but there are other areas of your life that deserve attention, too.

7
The Christian Post

For those of you that wanted a New Year's Resolution and didn't start on the 1st or you did and already quit here are some ideas to get the ball rolling or re-rolling I suppose.

1. Read a book

And, no, your textbook doesn't count. Although it could be your resolution to actually read those 60 page assignments every once and awhile.

2. Try something new

Whether it be yoga or dance or knitting, just try something new.

3. Make a goal to get off of your phone, tablet, computer, etc.

Whether it be for an hour a day, one day a week, one day a month, whatever it is, make time to enjoy the people and things around you and spend less time with technology.

4. Write notes for those you appreciate

Take time this year to jot down a little not when someone does something for you or just to brighten your day. Never underestimate the power of words of encouragement.

5. Try breaking a bad habit

Do you go to bed at a reasonable time and then stay up on your phone for hours? Do you forget to pick up after yourself for days at a time? Anything that isn't helpful to you is most likely a bad habit, so make 2017 the year that you break one.

6. Get organized

Do you forget school events? Have the wrong dates for assignments in your head? Take the first step to getting organized; grab an agenda.

7. Try a new food

Just step outside your comfort zone a little bit

8. Learn a language

Maybe go back in time and really utilize those Spanish skills from high school

9. Stop Procrastinating

Start small, maybe don't put off that 10 page paper until the night before it's due ;)

10. Spend less time on social media

Imagine how much more you can get done if you weren't spending hours a day on Facebook or how much better you'd sleep if you didn't stay up all night on Pinterest.

11. Volunteer more

13. Call your family

Make the first move. Don't wait until your mom calls you to make sure the semester hasn't killed you.

14. Keep a "Grateful Jar"

Add things to the jar weekly, monthly, that you are grateful for.

15. Save money

So let's make 2017 the year we take care of ourselves in ways other than the gym. Keep yourself healthy and do it all for no one other than yourself.