15 Items You Probably Forgot To Pack For College

But how can you eat Ramen without utensils?

18
Blogspot

As the middle of August quickly approaches, preparing for school is in full swing for college students everywhere. In the bustle of getting everything ready, you may forget key items that are extremely important and useful for your dorms. Here are a few of the most helpful dorm items that most college students usually forget to bring with them.

If you're looking for a complete list of what you should bring to school, I already wrote one here. This is not exactly that, but rather a list of items that are commonly forgotten!

1. Rain boots

When you wake up and realize your sneakers aren't going to cut it in the rain, you'll be grateful to have good shoes to wear on your trek to class. And there are so many cute options that are affordable too. Check these out from Target.

2. Extra underwear

Pretty self explanatory, but not everyone thinks to buy extra. Trust me, it's so nice to not have to worry about running out of clean underwear.

3. Business/professional outfit...at least one

You'll find yourself needing one often when there's no time to shop for one. Do yourself a favor, and pack or purchase at least one professional outfit you feel great in. It will come in handy.

4. Playing cards

So many games you can use these for, and it's always fun learning different games your friends know!

5. Extra Post-Its and index cards

It's so worth it to stock up on the essential school supplies. I use Post-It notes and index cards the most for studying, so I always make sure to buy extra so I don't have to worry about running out before a big exam.

6. First aid kit

Especially including Advil and bandaids. For me, those were the two most used items from this kit, but the whole kit is worth it to have. Accidents do happen.

7. Batteries

Batteries come in handy pretty often! At my school, you can't have regular string lights, only battery-operated string lights. These allowed me to still have cute lights without breaking any rules!

8. Light bulbs

Sometimes people will buy extra lamps, but will forget the most important thing to go with it!

9. Command strips and hooks

You really can never have enough. These are the best for hanging pictures, frames, posters, etc. without worrying about removing any paint from the walls or doing any damage.

10. Scissors

These are surprisingly helpful, and something that is commonly overlooked when packing. When packing, keep it on top so you can access it easily to open all of your boxes and items still in their packages.

11. Hand towels

If you have your own bathroom or even if you use a common bathroom, having your own hand towel is great. Not everyone will think to bring one, but if you do I promise you will enjoy it so much more than the stiff paper towels in the bathroom.

12. Silverware

Ramen at two in the morning happens in college, and you'll need something to eat it with. Don't forget your utensils.

13. Extra phone charger

This is so important! Keep a spare phone charger in your backpack so you don't have to worry about your phone dying during class or while you're studying.

14. Trashcan

This may seem super obvious, but sometimes they don't come with your room! Grab an inexpensive one from Target or Walmart, and don't forget to grab some garbage bags for it also.

15. HDMI cord

If you or your roommate are bringing a TV, this is the greatest accessory to have. With an HDMI cord, you can hook up your laptop to watch Netflix, Youtube, or any DVDs your heart desires. My roommates and I actually hooked up our laptops and did YouTube workouts on the TV! The HDMI cord is definitely something to remember.

All of these items are often overlooked when packing, but now you'll be just a little more prepared to move in! Best of luck with the new semester and remember to have fun!