15 Unique Hot Chocolate Recipes Guaranteed To Make Your Holiday Party A Success

Bringing extra warmth and a cup of cheer!

170
Tastemade

Are you the type of person who loves hot chocolate but is always looking for something extra to step up the hot chocolate game? Are you the type of person who cries when the fluff is gone? Don't like fluff? Expecting vegan guests? Well, I have plenty of options to suit every one of your needs! Pull our your favorite cute holiday mugs to dress up the theme!

1. Peppermint

For all us peppermint lovers... this is the classic flavor we all associate the winter time with! Per serving, you will need one cup of milk, half a cup of chocolate chips and one teaspoon of peppermint extract. This recipe is a bit basic so feel free to step it up even more with a half cup/bar of milk or dark chocolate (maybe even try white chocolate if you prefer!) and crushed candy canes.

2. Orange

For all us orange and dark chocolate lovers!! Per serving, you will need one cup of milk, a half tablespoon of sugar, a half tablespoon of orange zest, and two ounces of your favorite dark chocolate. I love orange dark chocolate bars so feel free to add some of that for a richer, more orange flavor.

3. Vegan?

Are you or some of your expected guests a vegan? Well, this recipe is definitely buildable in many ways. Start with one cup of almond milk, one and a half tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder, and two tablespoons of coconut palm sugar. When I say buildable, I mean you can add peanut butter, cacao nibs, orange zest, peppermint, cinnamon, a bunch of different vegan ingredients.

4. Aztec

Feeling spicy this holiday party? Start with one cup of milk per serving, five ounces of chopped rich dark chocolate, 1/4 tablespoon of cinnamon and a tiny pinch of cayenne pepper. This goes a long way but add as much heat as you like! Top with some whipped cream (or fluff) and sprinkle some more cayenne pepper on top as well as a cinnamon stick to stir in extra flavor.

5. Lavender White

One cup of whole milk, 1/4 tablespoon of lavender buds, and a half cup of rich white chocolate chips or chunks.This one will be sure to wow your guests' exotic taste buds.

6. Irish.. I wish to have more!

One cup of whole milk, a half cup of milk chocolate chips, one and a half ounces of Bailey's Irish Cream and one and a half ounces of Jameson's Whiskey. Top off with some whipped cream. You could also put the alcohol in little eyedroppers or test tubes for the guests to pour in. Or say the heck with it and leave the bottles out so the guests can assemble the Irish madness themselves!

7. Smooth Caramel goodness

Start with a half cup of whole milk, five ounces of chopped milk chocolate, a half cup of heavy cream and three tablespoons of caramel sauce. Top with whipped cream, fluff, or even chocolate whipped cream, sprinkle with some chocolate shavings and more sticky caramel sauce. Oh, and if you want to make it salted caramel, try adding a pinch of sea salt on top.

8. Peanut butter mashup

One cup of skim milk, one-half cup of heavy cream, four ounces of chopped milk chocolate, and a one-fourth cup of smooth creamy peanut butter. If you like marshmallows, add in one-fourth cup. Top with fluff for a real treat. Try adding vodka for adult beverage fun.

9. Nutella

One cup of whole milk, two tablespoons of Nutella, one tablespoon of cocoa, and a pinch of salt. Nutella is thick and often hard to get off the spoon so try adding more. Top with chopped hazelnuts and a sprinkle of cocoa. Try adding vodka for adult beverage fun.

10. Red velvet with cream cheese whipped cream

4 cups of whole milk, 3/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, one teaspoon of red food coloring. For the whipped cream you will need one-fourth cup of sugar, two cups of heavy whipping cream. Whip in a stand mixer for 2-3 minutes before adding the cream cheese, then another 2 minutes. Be careful not to overwhip or else you will end up with butter. Top with the whipped cream and a drizzle of your choice: peppermint or cocoa.

11. Black Cherry Bourbon

Milk, cocoa powder, whipped cream and a shot or two of black cherry bourbon. Top with chocolate covered cherries (Dove) or even maraschino cherries.

12. Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

Sugar, brown sugar, milk, allspice, cocoa, vanilla, ginger, and cinnamon. This will have you feeling warm and fuzzy like some gingerbread cookies.

13. Orange Pisco Hot Chocolate

Pisco or rum, Grand Marnier, sugar, milk, cocoa, orange zes, and chocolate chips. YUM. Optional: top with whipped cream and orange zest.

14. Pina Colada Hot Chocolate

Yep. You read that correctly. An island-chocolate infusion. If you live in the cold, you probably want to go to an island at some point. Here's the island in your home. Rum, cocoa, coconut milk, pineapple juice, salt and sweetened condensed milk. Optional: top with whipped cream.

15. White fudge Oreo Hot Chocolate

Milk, white fudge oreo cookies, chocolate chips and a tiny splash of water is optional. Top with fluff or whipped cream!

Well, that was fun. I hope your holiday parties are fun, sweet and yummy like this list. Comment below if you try any and let me know how they were, or any recipes you love!