15 Bible Verses For Incoming College Freshmen

Don't stress, just give it to Jesus.

19876
https://www.pexels.com/photo/brown-book-page-1112048/

I'm going to be honest with you, Freshman year is a weird time. You’re away from your parents, hometown, and old friends, and maybe even in a new state. It can be a very lonely time trying to make new friends and figure out the rest of your life (no pressure). But instead of sitting in your dorm eating ramen noodles, go out and get involved! Find a church and a small group and get plugged in; use your freshman year as a time to grow in faith and to allow yourself to excel in your studies and make pure friendships based on a Christ-like foundation; after all, those are the best friendships.

One of the most important things to make time for your freshman year is Jesus. Wake up 15 minutes earlier, listen to Christian music, pray, write down your prayer requests, and find bible verses to help motivate you during the week. Go to the bookstore and get a bible study! 15-25 minutes each day is not a lot, and it will be so beneficial to your life and your mental health.

1. Jeremiah 29:11, “For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

This verse is so great. Its a good one to have hanging on your bathroom mirror or written on your walls. Even if you fail chemistry, God has a plan. Even if you gain the freshman fifteen, God has a plan. And how awesome is it that His plan is always better than ours?

2. 1 Timothy 4:12, “Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, and in purity.”

Wow. Even in the bible, it says that just because you are young, you are able to set an example for others. Do this often.

3. Psalm 119:9-11, “How can a young person stay on the path of purity? By living according to Your word. I seek You with all my heart; do not let me stray from Your commands. I have hidden Your word in my heart that I might not sin against You.”

This one is vital. A lot of things happen freshman year that aren't what the Lord would want for your life, but the good news is, if you seek God with all your heart, you will walk right past temptation.

4. Matthew 6:33, “Seek first the His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things will be given to you as well.”

This is one of my all-time favorite verses. I like to think of that part in the Lord's prayer when it says, "Thy kingdom come." Let's bring His kingdom here.

5. Ephesians 5:15-16, “Be very careful, then, how you life- not as unwise but as wise; making the most of every opportunity…”

6. Proverbs 3:5, “Trust in the Lord with all Your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”

This is great, because we always think we have it all figured out and our plan is fool-proof. Too bad we are all fools. Luckily, God's plan is always the best option, so trust in that plan.

7. 2 Corinthians 5:7, “For we live by faith, not by sight.”

8. Matthew 28:19, “There for go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the father, the son, and the holy spirit.”

All nations can mean anywhere. The library, your dorm, your sorority. Everywhere you go, there is a chance to tell someone about Jesus. Take that chance.

9. Psalm 34:18-19, “The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. The righteous person may have many troubles but the Lord delivers him from them.”

10. Philippians 4:6-7, “Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds.”

This is another one that I love. College is such a stressful time, and this verse reminds us that nothing is worth that much stress. Instead, just hand it over to Jesus, and He will guard your heart.

11. Micah 6:8, “He has shown you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require you to do? Act justly, love mercy and walk humbly with your God.”

Act, love, walk. Its that simple.

12. Romans 12:2, "Do not conform to the patterns of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind."

The bible says not to conform to society's ways but to live in Jesus. This is a hard verse to live, but it's so important to do so.

13. Hebrews 11:1, “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things unseen.”

And faith can move mountains, if you let it.

14. James 1:6, “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.”

I struggle a lot with this. Don't doubt God's power, trust in Him.

15. Romans 5:8, “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: while we were sinners Christ died for us."

How amazing is it that God would send His son to come and die for us whenwe aren't even that great? We are sinners. We are flawed. And God sent Jesus to come and wipe our slate clean. If that isn't the most amazing thing you have ever heard, then I don't know what is.

Have a great freshman year, everyone!