15 Bible Verses To Mend Your Broken Heart

Through it all, He is good.
430

C.S. Lewis once said, "Life with God is not immunity from difficulties, but peace in difficulties." As followers of Christ, we are not promised a free pass to perfection, but what we are promised is the forever certainty that we will find refuge in Him. As I reflect on the difficulties that this life brings me, I find comfort in his word. I decided to reflect on Scripture and compose a list of verses that have given me strength throughout my life. If you need some peace in difficult times, I hope this can be it.

1) "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." - Joshua 1:9

2) "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.'" - Jeremiah 29:11

3) "He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds." - Psalm 147:3

4) "Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." - Deuteronomy 31:6

5) "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us." - Romans 8:18

6) "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God endures forever." - Isaiah 40:8

7) "The wicked flee though no one pursues, but the righteous are as bold as a lion." - Proverbs 28:1

8) "Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." - Philippians 4:6-7

9) "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." - Proverbs 3:5-6

10) "I can do all this through Him who gives me strength." - Philippians 4:13

11) "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38-39

12) "Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea—the Lord on high is mighty." - Psalm 93:4

13) "Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you." - Hebrews 13:5

14) "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." - Isaiah 41:10

15) "He says, 'Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.' The Lord Almighty is with us." - Psalm 46:10-11