15 Of The Best Coffee Shops In Montana

15 Of The Best Coffee Shops In Montana

The best coffee shops that you should stop at around the state!

1464
15 Of The Best Coffee Shops In Montana

The state of Montana has a lot to offer. We could talk about fishing, hunting, and hiking all day long and never run out of things to say. The mountains and rivers create discussion topics for weeks, there’s even been books written about the beauty of Montana and its inhabitants. I want to bring to light some of the best coffee shops around the state. Why coffee shops? Well, coffee shops are infamously used to study, read, meet, and relax.

The major coffee shop big-dogs like Starbucks are wonderful, I will never deny that; but, there is something so infatuating about small hometown coffee shops that will always have me exploring small Montana town main streets. I want to focus on some of these Montana treasures, brought to me by actual small-town Montanans. I asked friends, family, and even my Twitter followers to tell me their favorite hometown spots and here is the feedback:

1. River Rising: Hamilton MT

This spot in Hamilton is the perfect place to grab inexpensive, delicious, and well-made coffee. With a great atmosphere, friendly staff, great food and beverages this is a go to spot for the community and its' visitors. Park near River Rising and take a walk in downtown Hamilton, coffe in hand!

2. Montana Coffee Traders: Whitefish, MT

A great place to grab a coffee, where they view customers as family, and welcome everyone in for a sip! Located in Whitefish off of Highway 93, and 3000 ft. above sea level, this high altitude coffeehouse will not disappoint and is an easy spot to hit on your way to the ski hill!

3. Fire Tower Coffee House: Helena, MT

A review from Yelp.com raved, "Love this place. New to town and came in a few days in a row (I work right down the street) and the owner took the time to ask my name and introduce himself. The staff remembers my order every day and the donuts are amazing. Love this little place. Forget Starbucks, this place has all you need and charm."

4. The Rising Trout Café & Bookstore: Lewistown, MT

A great spot in downtown Lewistown, MT where you can sit down, chat, and stay for a while. They take pride in their organic and locally roasted coffee, as well as their delicious pastries served daily!

5. Press Coffeehouse: Glendive, MT

With its intimate atmosphere and organic design features, this coffeehouse and greenhouse combustion is exactly what you're looking for! With great coffee and snacks, it is a favorite of not only locals but also passerbys. So buy a coffee, buy a plant, and enjoy one of Glendive's community gems!

6. Clatters: Hamilton, MT

A small-town, hip coffeehouse that offers unique design and tasty coffee! Witha an artistic atmosphere you'll hear live music, see local art, and enjoy great customer service all while enjoying your favorite beverages!

7. Sweetwater Coffee: Dillon, MT

A great spot to sit and grab coffee or lunch. Sweetwater is a place where young and old go to enjoy a locally owned business that values their customers! You'll be greeted with a smile and served delicious food and coffee, all while taking in local art and looking out at downtown Dillon, MT.

8. Spotted Horse Coffee: Belgrade, MT

Great service and great coffee, this is a favorite spot among locals. Often referred to as a "can't miss breakfast spot" where you may just find your new favorite place for a cup of joe!

9. Big Creek Coffee Roasters: Hamilton, MT

Great coffee and ambiance, this is another Hamilton coffeehouse that will not disappoint. A small-town hit, with plenty of personality will leave you with a smile! You'll receive great service with your coffee while chatting with friends, relaxing, or getting work done.

10. Glacier Perks Coffee House: Lakeside, MT

A great spot on your way to Glacier National Park. With wonderfully tasting food and coffee you'll no doubt enjoy your experience! Whether you are passing through or sitting for a while, the welcoming atmosphere and clean design will help you feel welcomed! Friendly service by engaged workers makes the experience even better! So grab some coffee here before heading to GNP...coffee and beautiful scenery, whats better?

11. Wild Joe’s: Bozeman, MT

A great place to stop in when walking around downtown! With great coffee and tasty treats, you'll be sure to like this Bozeman coffee spot. Easy to stop in, or easy to stay makes for a great environment in this college town!

12. Park and Main: Butte, MT

Butte, MT has so many amazing spots in its' historic uptown, and this is one of them! Lower than normal street level gives this spot a unique atmosphere, where the service is great and the coffee and food is better! You can strike up conversations with locals or sit and enjoy a cup of coffee quietly, no matter the day the atmosphere of Park and Main can fit whatever you're looking for!

13. Cold Smoke Coffeehouse: Bozeman, MT

Also receiving great reviews, this hot spot has been raved about my locals and visitors alike! With a helpful and friendly staff you'll fell welcomed to sit, study, work, or relax with some of Bozeman's best coffee!

14. True Brew Espresso: Great Falls, MT

One of the best places in Great Falls to stop and grab a coffee from. You'll be hard pressed to find something you don't like to drink here! A great staff and great coffee will make your experience great no matter the day.

15. The Loaded Toad: Glasgow, MT

Set in the heart of Glasgow, this eastern Montana gem is a wonderful find. Set between an art gallery and yoga studio, this coffee spot will offer something unique and unexpected! With all natural flavoring and using local beans, the coffee is excellent! Great design and ambiance make you want to sit, drink coffee, and look at art all day...maybe even catch a yoga class!