15 Basic Halloween Costumes To Skip This Halloween
Halloween

It's Halloweek At USC And We're Really Hoping NOT To See These 15 Basic Costumes Flying Around Five Points

Please, be a bit more original!

86
Nathan Rupert / Flickr

It's finally Halloweek here at USC and I could not be more excited! Not only is it the week of Halloween, it's also my birth week. With my birthday being two days after Halloween, it's easily one of my favorite holidays.

I enjoy seeing the costumes that everyone decides on wearing but I hate seeing the same costumes year after year. I'm even guilty of being a basic black cat.

Here are basic costumes I hope not to see this week:

1. Aliens

The combination of iridescent leggings, tutus, glitter and space buns is so 2000 late.

2. Witches

This is the costume for all the basic witches in the world.

3. Cats

Simple but played out.

4. Angels

Falling from the sky? More like falling from the land of basic costumes.

5. Devils

They should make unoriginality the eight deadly sin.

6. Officers

You don't have the right to remain basic.

7. Victoria Secret Angels

Many girls dream of walking in the Victoria Secret fashion show but down the streets of Five Points is not a good start.

8. Playboy Bunnies

Bunnies are cute and adorable, this costume, on the other hand, is becoming too mainstream.

9. Military Girls

Good thing camouflage makes you invisible.

10. Netflix & Chill

It was cute and original when the first group thought of it, now its been played out like the phrase.

11. Vampires

These costumes suck, literally.

12. Referees

Being this basic should be a flag on the play,

13. School Girls

Dressed up as a sexy school girl? Oops, you did it again.

14. Mermaids

H2Oh no!

15. "Purge" Masks

This is not a test. This is your emergency broadcast system announcing the commencement of the week of Basic Halloween costumes in Five Points.

Happy Halloween, USC!!!