15 Tips For Interacting With Guys According To "Hamilton"

Be willing to wait for it.

299
YouTube

So, here's the deal: I've been reflecting on Valentine's Day this past week, and I've come to a conclusion. Interacting with the opposite gender is really freaking hard.

No, really. Most guys I talk to will tell me that they're really simple creatures. And they are, I'll admit that. But let's face it, they aren't always the most straightforward creatures in their simplicity. So, sometimes us girls are left to decipher our interactions with them. And it gets real confusing, real fast.

So, on the topic of conversation, you know who liked to talk a lot?

Alexander Hamilton.

You know who had tons of women falling all over him?

Alexander Hamilton.

Let's let him and his compatriots tell the tale.

1. First of all, never assume someone is into you.

It is a fair possibility you're just reading too much into it.

2. Also, remember even if they are, being nice is worth it in the long run.

If I'm being perfectly honest, this is still something I'm working on. Don't lead them down the garden path, but seriously, don't be a jerk, either.

3. Be careful about who you put in the friend zone.

Because they could show up later when you've made a complete fool of yourself and rub it in your face. Rather like King George.

Kidding. Just don't rule out someone who's actually awesome for shallow reasons.

4. If you have friend zoned someone, make sure it's for a good reason.

Like, perchance, the fact that you're in love with their sister. That's a good reason.

5. Don't be afraid to talk to the dudes you like.

Seriously, it's not as difficult as it looks. Just making conversation.

6. If you're not sure whether someone you're interested shares the interest, just ask.

Yes. This is what it will feel like.

7. It's not the end of the world if they don't.

You probably deserve better. Rather like Eliza.

(But newsflash: You're not perfect, either. If you deserve better, the overall likelihood is that so do they.)

8. Unless they were stringing you along.

Write them a very strongly worded letter or let a friend slap them. Get you an Angelica, kid.

9. Talk to someone older than you about guys.

The overall likelihood is this chick is going to have more experience than you, and hopefully will be wiser for it.

10. Remember, if someone's being a creeper, your girls have your back.

You see these guys? Squad goals. Like you and your ladies.

11. Just be clear in your communication.

Actually, if you take Burr literally, their reaction will be EXACTLY like Hamilton's. So actually, do talk. Tell them or have a friend tell them you're uncomfortable. However, if they don't get it...

12. Try taking it to a higher power.

As my roommate asked the other day, "Wait, God?"

Yes, He would be beneficial. I highly recommend that. But what I'm referring to in this particular instance is someone who has direct (earthly) authority over your particular stalker. They'll probably be able to do something. And if this fails...

13. Carry pepper spray.

This GIF does not relate at all. I just guarantee you that Hamilton and Jefferson carry pepper spray in case the other one pushes them too far.

And probably Daveed Diggs and Lin-Manuel Miranda to fend off the adoring, obsessive fanpeoples.

14. Appreciate the male friendships you have.

Some of my favorite people are my brother friends. Or my dad friend. Or my uncle friend. Or just plain guys. They're pretty great.

15. And honestly, when it comes to finding that elusive "One"...

Y'all should be, too.