14 Types of Friends

14 Types of Friends

Although this may not include every single type of friend, here are some of mine.

215
14 Types of Friends
Bustle

In most social circles, there's that friend. Which friend are you?

1. The "Mom" Friend

She is usually asking you whether or not you've eaten. She wants to know, like, really know, how you've been. She is will listen to you go on about life. She makes you feel better about yourself by giving you compliments even when you're not feeling too great. And while she may not have children yet, she's beyond prepared because of how much she cares about all of her children (aka her friends.) The friend you go to when you don't want to go to your actual mom. (This is me in most of my social circles.) The one that has whatever you need whenever you need it.

2. The "Dad" Friend

The one that never fails to make Dad jokes. The one that is chock full of "dad" facts, such as why the GPS on your phone works the way it does (*cough cough* Andrew). While your Dad friend may make attempts to be caring and sensitive, he usually ends up being awkward and clumsy (but it's the thought that counts). Also, he your main source of income.

3. The Long-Distance Best Friend

The friend that you can go days without speaking to, but can always count on for advice. The friend that when you're together, it feels like nothing has ever changed and not a day has passed. The friend that you count down the days until you see them again. The one you've probably known for quite a while and will continue to for (hopefully) the rest of your life. You know who you are.

4. The Brutally Honest Confidant

The friend that you feel comfortable telling all of little your insecurities, but also your big feats. They'll tell it like it is, even if you don't want to hear it. Always manages to tell you what you need to hear, not just what you want to hear. They also always seem to be emotionally and logically grounded. They seem to know you better than you know yourself.

5. The Gym Buddy

The friend that seems to have more exercise clothes than regular clothes. They're into the latest health crazes and are way more fit than you. They inspire you to be healthier, just because you want to be more like them (cough cough Michele). They make working out not as terrible. They seem to have their life together. And they'll motivate you to be the best that you can be.

6. The Gossip Friend

The friend that seems to have a foot in every social circle. They know a little bit of everyone's life and seem to know the latest drama. They seem trustworthy but be careful what you tell them! If you do want to know the latest drama, you know they'll have tea to spill.

7. The "Name Dropper"

The friend that apparently knows everyone. The friend that likes to always mention that they know more people than you do and never fails to introduce you to more people. Their social circle is equal to that of a small town.

8. The Foodie

The friend that always wants to take you to quirky and quaint shops that have the most Instagrammable foods. The friend that is always down to try new food and take you along for the adventure. The friend that is always hungry and probably loves food more than most things. This foodie knows of all the good restaurants and will gladly share their knowledge of food with you.

9. The Adventurous and usually Spontaneous Friend

The friend that is quite restless. A night-in is very unlikely with this friend. They love to be out and about and will most likely text you randomly and ask you to be ready within minutes. Outdoor adventures are a must--kayaking, hiking, and exploring new places. Expect to step out of your comfort zone with this friend.

10. The Jokester

The friend that always seems to have a joke on standby. Sometimes, they crack jokes at the most inappropriate times, but they always manage to get a laugh out of you. Even if you don't laugh at their jokes, they don't mind since they think their jokes are important and that's all that matters to them. They're the go-to friend if you want to laugh until your belly hurts.

11. The Concert Buddy

Regardless of how unknown the music is, this friend is the friend that is willing to go to any concert with you, and you question how they have money to attend all of the shows they go to. The friend that always seems to know the latest music, regardless of genre. The friend that you can go to when you want new music or a new artist to get into. Music is incredibly important to this friend and if they haven't gone to a concert this month... something's probably up.

12. The Work Friend

The friend that you can vent to about the terrible customers/clients you've experienced. The one that makes work bearable. They're the one that you can count on to take your shift if ever need be. This friend can pick up on your facial expressions better than most and knows exactly how you feel. This friend is also a great source of relief for life outside of work, since they probably don't know who you're talking about.

13. The Trendy Friend

The friend that always seems to be ahead of the trends. The friend that is much more stylish than you and also somehow manages to do so on a budget. If not, they know when to splurge and they know all of the greatest dupes. The trendy friend gives you great fashion inspiration and will tell you straight whether or not the new outfit you just bought wasn't worth the money.

14. The Meme Friend

The friend that always knows all of the memes and sometimes they're the most obscure ones. They alway manage to know when to send you a meme and get a laugh out of you. Their humor is one that seems to exist on a completely different plane but it's okay.