14 Things You Know If You Went To An All-Girls Catholic School

Yes, I survived without being in a classroom with a boy for five years.

775
HerCampus

Girls who went to an all-girls school share a special bond, and if it was a Catholic school, the bond is probably even closer. We're all kind of awkward to an extent and participated in events that probably seem weird to public school kids. But, I know that I wouldn't have it any other way.

1. You will always miss the days of rolling out of bed five minutes before class and not feeling judged by your classmates.

Because all of them looked like you with bed-head and bags under their eyes.

2. Your college friends will always think that you're weird for missing your uniform.

Uniforms get a lot of hate, but personally, it was great never having to pick out an outfit. In college, it is overwhelming the amount of choices we have so we just choose a T-shirt and norts and call it a day.

3. You probably still remember every single song from Mass and prayer services at school.

Despite not hearing it for literally years, it will randomly pop into your head and will not leave for weeks. And don't lie, you belt it out when you're alone.

4. You basically roll your eyes at people several times a day when they ask you dumb questions about the all-girls school life.

"Do you know any boys at all?" "Did you never see a boy until college?" "Did you have school dances?" "How did you survive without boys?" "Wasn't there so much drama at your school with all of those girls in the same place?"

5. You love bursting people's bubble about all of the stereotypes of an all-girls school.

No, we were not all lesbians. No, we aren't all super rich. Yes, we did have sports teams. And also, I guarantee that we had the same amount of drama (if not less) than co-ed schools so don't even ask me about there being more drama because of more girls being around. Also, that question is kind of sexist.

6. If you're Greek, then you now have two drawers full of T-shirts for every event you ever attended in high school AND college.

You'll probably never get rid of any of them because one day, you may actually get around to making a T-shirt quilt for both high school and your sorority. Or they'll end up in a box somewhere because you went without makeup and brushing your hair every school day for four or five years so you're probably kind of lazy.

7. You definitely know that birthdays are a big deal.

Birthdays at all-girls schools are like Christmas, but it happens all the time. When your birthday rolls around, you can look forward to your friends bringing you breakfast, lots of homemade baked goods, and of course, a lot of Instagram shoutouts.

8. You probably learned in your freshman year of college that you have to carry your own tampons now.

Because it would probably be inappropriate to throw them across the room to each other now. But you should do it anyway. Make people uncomfortable with the fact that you're comfortable with being who you are.

9. You know every icebreaker and sisterhood activity in existence.

Probably because you were forced to do them with your classmates when you first started school together. And then you became leaders at your school and forced the younger students to do them too.

10. You will always be close to at least a few of your teachers from your high school.

Being at an all-girls school allows for the opportunity to grow really close to your teachers. You're probably friends with half of them on Facebook now because each one of them changed your life in some way. They also each taught you more lessons than just in the classroom. You're forever indebted to your teachers because they want you to succeed just as much as anyone.

11. Everyone knows everything about everyone from your high school.

The network of girls you went to high school with is a blessing and a curse.

12. You'll never forget the values that your school instilled in you.

Those values made you a better person. And whether you realize it or not, you probably still live by those values today even though you graduated years ago.

13. You found your bridesmaids in high school.

The downside to this is that you're going to have a lot of bridesmaids if you include your family, your high school friends, your college friends, and any other friends you make along the way. You better start making cuts now.

14. You know that you'll always share a bond with your high school "sisters."

Mostly because you got through arguably the worst four or five years of your life together. These girls saw you through every awkward phase, but you watched each other grow into beautiful, intelligent young women who are destined for greatness and success. You may never see some of them again, but you know you'll always share this weird, inexplicable bond and a lifetime of hilarious memories that no one else will find funny.

Now, ladies, never forget what you learned at your all-girls school: female friendships are the best and most permanent (just ask Leslie Knope), academics and food are your #1 priority, and never forget the values from your school that made you the great person that you are.