14 Mantras To Live By This Summer

14 Mantras To Live By This Summer

Because You Know You Needed a Summer Bucket List

78
14 Mantras To Live By This Summer
HighonCO Instagram

Finally summer is here! No more lazy afternoons, trying to circulate body heat in your bed while it's below freezing outside. Time to trade in your favorite boots for a pair of flip flops. As you become enthralled with the free spirit that has taken on your disposition, it's important to keep some goals to make this the best summer yet.

1. Do it for the memories

You ever hear that saying, let the good times roll? Oh, come on, we're all secretly cheesy creatures, of course you have. Make this the summer one that you not a single moment goes to waste.

2. Keep your mind at ease

Balance is key. Take some time for yourself. Sleep in one day, drink tea, and take a few extra minutes in the shower.

3. Don't stress so much about money

This is a big one, because I know a lot of us face this dilemma. Money comes as quick as it goes! The best part about the phrase work hard, play hard is knowing you worked hard to earn a fun night out. When it comes to making plans, don't try to limit yourself. If you've been trying to save up this year, you can still ball on a budget during the summer, but I urge you to forget about it for now. Summer is the time of the year where you have the opportunity to form the most memories at once, and unfortunately your bank account has to get in on some of the action as well. Yes, there is a cost for everything, but if you want to strengthen the friendships that you will remember 50 years from now, it's important not to let money guide your every move. Obviously, there are ways to tiptoe around spending, and it's okay to opt for those as well.

4. Go hard at the gym

It's too late for that summer body to be perfect, let's face it. But it's never too late to start trying harder to make a difference with your health. Hit the gym twice as hard as you did in the winter for two weeks, you won't regret it.

5. Eat more veggies

Get over to your grocery store, hungry as hell, with a list of 'suggestions' and buy all the fresh produce you can. Your body will thank you later.

6. Cook more

Is it just me, or is there something about summer that gets us excited in the kitchen? Let your creativity shine through your plate. Try out some new recipes or make your own!

7. Make the most delicious sangria the world has ever known

Because who doesn't love sangria?

8. Summer concerts

There are so many different venues that are hosting a variety of artists this summer, it's when they get the most business! Make it a goal to attend at least one concert this summer, whether it's your favorite band or some obscure folk singer you've kind-of heard of. Just get out and listen to some tunes in the warm summer air.

9. Get lost in some fiction

You shouldn't feel any pressure over what kinds of books you like to read. Sometimes all you need is a quick-read guilty pleasure, the book that doesn't necessarily challenge you intellectually but keeps you engaged. It's just important to keep reading.

10. Hit the beach...or lake?

Nothing beats the salty taste in the air or the sun-kissed sensation after a long day at the beach. On behalf of all coasters out there, we are so sorry for those people who are landlocked, because it's a LOT tougher to actually get to the oceans and enjoy the beach. Here's the deal: find yourself some body of water and just SWIM. Don't swim? Jeez, do you really have to be that difficult?

11. Volunteer

Even if its once, even if you never have before. There are plenty events you can find nearby you on Facebook that need volunteers. You'll meet some really cool people and nothing beats the productive feeling after giving back to your community for a few hours.

12. Explore a new place

Get out in the world, man! Take a trip, even if it's for a day. Go somewhere you haven't been before. You don't even need a plan, though it would be highly recommended.

13. Dance

This goes highly underrated. Dancing is the best release of oxytocin. Get wild, people!

Enjoy your summer and Hakuna Matata! Make this a worry free summer