14 Things That Happen When You Cut All Your Hair Off

You spend the next month using way too much shampoo and conditioner.

2952
az616578.vo

When I was a kid, I always wore my hair long. Then, about a month after I turned 19, I cut it all off into a pixie. And honestly, I'm never going back. More than a year later, here are some of my observations of things that happen after you cut off all your hair.

1. You immediately update all of your profile pictures

Obviously.

2. You enjoy all of the attention your new profile pictures get

Before/After

Probably the most comments I've even gotten on a Facebook status update, tbh.

3. You continue to wear a pony-tail holder around your wrist out of habit

I didn't realize the extent to which a simple black pony-tail holder could serve as a security blanket until I cut my hair but still continued to keep one on me at all times for months afterward.

4. You don't recognize yourself in the mirror

This is weird, and goes away relatively quickly. But hey, going from having 10 inches of hair to 2 inches of hair is a pretty major change.

5. Your showers get 10X shorter

That, and all the minutes shaved off of the time you need to get ready in the morning, are probably the best part about having a pixie cut.

6. But you frequently forget and end up using too much shampoo

Once you pour it out you can't put it back!

7. You feel more confident and somehow more "feminine" with your shorter style

Like Emma Watson. Except not famous.

8. You get called "he"

It won't happen often, but it will happen at some point. Somebody will catch you only from the back and say "young man" to get your attention. A little kid who doesn't quite understand that girls can have short hair too yet will call you "he." It happens, but mostly only when you're wearing that annoying blue polo shirt and couldn't be bothered to do your make up before work.

9. Your neck gets cold

Fortunately, scarves are in style.

10. Eventually, you realize how expensive pixie cuts are to maintain

Gone are the days of only getting your hair cut once a year.

11. So you think about growing your hair out

Except for it's literally like a 12 step program and who has time for all that?

12. You even try growing your hair out

It's rough. As you can tell by the look on my date's face, he is less than impressed.

13. You cut it all over again

Once you go short, you never go back.

14. You accept your destiny as a short haired woman

Everyone tells you your hair looks so much better that way anyway.

If you're thinking about cutting your hair, I hope this article inspires you to make the chop. At least try out a pixie cut. The great thing about hair is that it grows back. Or hey, maybe you'll never want it to, and that's cool too.