13 Ways To Bullet Journal For A Better Well Being

How to improve your life, one bullet page at a time.

84
Bianca Santiago//Instagram

It may be a bit ironic for me to write an article about bullet journaling since I do not have a bullet journal. I have a lot of friends who bullet journal and love doing so! I was a bit skeptical at first, but soon as I started to look all of the ways you can use a bullet journal, I fell in love! I have not started yet, but I am planning on using a bullet journal soon. And here are a few ways I plan on using a bullet journal, for improving my well being! Both mentally and physically!

1) Sleep Log

As busy students, sleep is highly important for us! It can be hard getting 8 hours of sleep when you have a busy class schedule. What can sometimes happen is, you think you are getting 8 hours of sleep regularly when it is really less than 6 hours of sleep. By keeping track, you can make sure that you are getting enough sleep each night!

2) Chore List

Whether it is cleaning your dorm room or running errands, we all have chores to do. Writing a weekly chore checklist is an easy way of making sure that they are getting done. The worst thing in the world is laying in bed and remembering something very important that you forgot about. Also, nothing is more satisfying than crossing out a task that you hate doing off of your list!

3) Water Tracker

Let be real, most 20-year-olds are drinking 8 cups of ice coffee a day instead of water. I have probably gone a whole week without finishing a single bottle of water. Similar to the chore checklist, keeping a countdown of cups of water to drink is a satisfying way of reaching your water goal. Simple tip: try adding lemon to your water so it’s tastier to drink!

4) Savings Goals

Keeping track of money is hard, especially when all you have to do is swipe a debit card. The worse thing in the world is trying to buy something and getting your card declined. Or, realizing you are a few bucks too short. After buying something, use your bullet page for keeping track of how much you spent. This way, you can work on your savings!

5) Morning Routine

Mornings… are not my thing. I hate waking up at 6:00 am in order to make it to my 8:30 am class. Once I came up with a morning routine, I was able to get out the door very quickly. A bullet journal can help you remember what you need to do every morning before you go to school, work, or any other place!

6) Period Tracker

Ladies, having your period is not fun. Especially if you lose track of it and are not ready. Thankfully, bullet journals are a great way to privately keep track of your periods, birth control, and other feminine things. If you do not want to label it as a period tracker, you can call it “Crimson Tracker”. I have seen that used a few times on Pinterest!

7) Remembering Password

From Facebook and Twitter to Instagram and Snapchat, there are many important passwords to remember. Each website requires different things for passwords as well. Like, one uppercase letter or one special character. It is hard to remember all the different varieties of passwords. As soon as you create a new password, write it down so you can remember!

8) Travel List

Traveling is actually very important for your well being. Sometimes, switching your location is a great way to freshen up your brain. While traveling is very expensive, a small weekend trip to the shore is a huge way to improve yourself. Or, you can use this page to write down your travel goals! Like what Carl and Ellie did from the movie Up!

9) Mood Tracker

It can be difficult trying to remember how you felt on certain days. You may have had an excellent weekend, but because you had a bad Monday, you remember your whole weekend as being bad. By using colors to symbolize your emotions, you can keep track of how you felt each day. This is very important for your mental health and can help you if you have serious problems that you are trying to overcome.

10) Remembering Birthdays

My favorite one! I love celebrating my friends’ birthdays, but I have a hard time remembering all of them. Yes, Facebook can help you but that is only the day of. If you need to remember your friends’ birthdays in order to get them gifts, a bullet page is a fun and easy way to do so!

11) Fitness Goals

I HATE working out. I much rather be drinking protein shakes and walking on the treadmill for 15 minutes, than actually working out. A simple way to get started is by using a bullet journal and write weekly goals for yourself. It can be small goals that become bigger goals. You can also customize it for yourself. Being in shape is important and writing your goals can be the first step to a healthier you!

12) Reading List

The only thing that can be harder than working out is reading. When you are in college, you have so many textbook pages to read for class. Plus, you have papers to write and test to study for. It is hard trying to read for fun. By writing books down that you want to read, it can inspire you to pick up reading again, or to start reading! I almost never read for fun until I reached high school. Now that I am in college, I continue to do so!

13) Dream Log

While this may sound similar to the sleep log, a dream log is very different. When you way up in the morning, you are waking up from a dream. If you do not write down what you dreamt right away, you will end up forgetting the dream. Keeping track of your dreams is fun because you can find a pattern that you never realized you had with your dreams! Keep your bullet journal right on your nightstand so you remember to write in it!