13 Things To Expect When You Go To Vegas For Your 21st Birthday

What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

10123

Vegas is a very exciting place, especially when you finally turn the big 21 and you are able to actually enjoy everything Vegas has to offer. I have been to Vegas multiple times before, but all of my experiences have been from under a 21-year-old perspective. The pools, the clubs, the bars, the casinos, the shopping and everything in between is all anyone could have ever imagined and more. Two weeks ago, I got to go to Vegas for the first time as a legal adult, so here are some things to expect during your trip to Sin City.

1. You can walk around the streets with open bottles of alcohol.

Yep, you read that right. Vegas is one of the few places where you won't get in trouble for carrying around mixed drinks or open beers while walking around outside.

2. Expect to lose your money, and expect to lose it fast.

Be prepared to spend an upwards of $500 or more. And this isn't including money for gambling.

3. Expect to inhale an unhealthy amount of smoke in the casinos.

All casinos are smoking-friendly, so be prepared to be surrounded by cigars, e-cigs and cigarettes 24/7.

4. Expect to take off your shoes at some point during the night.

Although a lot of the hotels and clubs on the strip are within walking distance of one another, don't wear heels if you cannot walk miles in them. Simple as that.

5. Expect to walk barefoot through the casino at 4 a.m.

By this time of the night, your feet will be wrecked and it's perfectly acceptable to take your shoes off.

6. Expect to see at least five girls in wedding dresses.

Vegas is the place where people decide to get married after a few too many drinks or they actually planned a vegas-themed wedding, and in this case, you will see some of the most outrageous wedding outfits ever. (Two weeks ago, I saw a bride and a groom in matching green attire that had poker chips and playing cards all over them.)

7. Expect to be handed business cards promoting naked girls or strip clubs.

Most of the time, people just ignore these workers, but be prepared to be asked if you want to see naked girls at least five or six times as you are walking up and down the strip.

8. Expect to see at least 10 or more bridal or bachelorette parties wearing matching shirts.

Vegas is THE place where people go to party and let loose before tying the knot, and you are bound to see groups of girls or guys clad in matching attire representing the bride and groom.

9. Expect to see buckets of beer and other alcohol floating in the pool at any hotel.

This is one of my favorite things about Vegas. Not only can you get buckets of beer delivered to you in the pool (yes, in the pool), but you can also get little pool floaties for your mixed drinks.

10. Expect to wait in long lines for the clubs.

Make sure to get in line early or get your name and your party on the guest list, otherwise, you will be waiting for 30+ minutes just to get into the club. (This may not seem like a lot of time, but when you're in 6-inch heels, 30 minutes will feel like a lifetime.)

11. Expect to be pushed around by drunk people at any club you go to.

Clubs are just like going to frat parties, except with people who are 21+ and are way drunker than you could ever imagine. You can barely weave your way in between people, and if you do see an opening to move your way through the crowd, be prepared to get shoved or pushed around by people.

12. Expect to pay a hefty amount of money for a cover charge at any club.

Most weekends, there will usually be some well-known DJ playing, so that means that the club price will be even more expensive. Expect to pay $60+ per person and that's not even including drinks. Which brings me to my next point...

13. Don't buy drinks at the club.

You're going to end up spending at least $15+ for one drink. It's best just to buy your own alcohol and get to the club already ready to party.