13 Reasons Why You Need To Join Baylor's Newest Country Dance Club

You've got to try out Baylor Country Dance!
255

1. EJ and Chris are the best leaders around!

Both Emily Jane and Chris lead each step patiently and with lots of encouragement and support. It’s your first time? No big deal. You forgot what we learned last week? They’ll help you review. These two are blessings and there is no one else I’d rather learn from. They. Are. Pros.

2. Two-stepping and Copperhead Road. No partner needed!

Each week, you’ll learn a true two-step, a different version of a line dance, and different moves for country dancing. Every five minutes you’ll switch partners while learning a new country dance move.

3. It’s only an hour of your time each Wednesday.

Invest your time in this. You won’t regret it. It’s from 9 to 10 pm so it probably won’t conflict with any other commitments.

4. It’s a Texan thing.

You’re in Texas, so why not? If you want to get the full Texan experience, you need to check this club out. You bet the first thing I’m teaching my friends back home in California will be how to line dance!

5. The pretzel.

This is a classic country dance move that anyone can pull off. It looks 100x harder than it actually is, don’t worry. If my friend Coleman can do it, you can too.

6. Leadership positions are available.

Because Baylor Country Dance is just starting, there are a few leadership positions open! Just talk to EJ, Chris, or Kylee to volunteer if you’re interested. You'll get to work alongside these three lovely people!

7. You can add Melody Ranch and Smiley’s to your Waco Bucket List.

Once you know how to country dance, you’re going to need to officially dance at a bar. Warning: Local hicks WILL ask for your number – my friend, Jordan, can attest to this!

8. You have an excuse to buy boots.

I could not believe that some of my Texan friends were born and raised in Texas without boots. This is your opportunity to finally invest in a nice pair!

9. You will no longer be the friend who can’t dance.

Yes, that’s right. No more standing on the sidelines while watching your friends on the dance floor. This club will teach you to dance alongside your friends like a pro.

10. Cowboys.

You never know, you may even meet the cowboy of your dreams at Country Dance, Melody Ranch, or Smiley’s. Now that’s a cute love story!

11. The music!

Whether you’re a country music fan or not, you’ll learn to appreciate the greatest art of country music. Maybe your next Spotify playlist will include George Strait, Keith Urban, or even Jon Pardi.

12. The dips.

This is the coolest and most exciting country dance move ever invented. You’ve got to try it.

13. Dancing is exercise, and exercise is better for your health.

Forget Zumba... try country dancing!

Intrigued? Go follow baylor_countrydance on Instagram! They meet every Wednesday from 9 to 10 pm in Burleson Quad.