"Hello, boys and girls. Hannah Baker here. Live and in stereo."
When I first watched the show, I was a high schooler who felt like, I myself, was a student at Liberty High. Even during the trials, I was right there next to the characters with Hannah Baker more alive than ever before. However, I did not even realize there was a third season let alone another season coming out.
A few months ago when I saw the trailer for the final season of "13 Reasons Why" I was confused. I've already heard the tapes and saw the impact of the character's actions, now what?
So I decided to rewatch the first three seasons and realized just how important this show is. Here are 13 meaningful quotes from the first three seasons of "13 Reasons Why."
1. “You can’t change other people, but you can change yourself.”
2. “It has to get better. The way we treat each other and look out for each other. It has to get better somehow.”
3. “Sometimes things just happen to you. They just happen. You can’t help it. But it’s what you do next that counts. Not what happens but what you decide to do about it.”
4. “Just because you have the picture doesn’t mean you have the whole story.”
5. “You fool yourself into thinking that by keeping things hidden, it makes it easier for you to get by.”
6. “Sometimes it seems like no matter what you do, people still see you the way they want to.”
7. “Keeping it in, that is not brave. Feeling the pain, facing it, that takes courage.”
8. “When we act out of anger or fear, we can hurt people we don’t mean to hurt.”
9. “How do we take what hurts most? Take the darkness and turn it into light? I think the answer is we love each other.”
10. “When you judge someone by their past, it can make that past impossible to escape.”
Ani Achola, Season 3
11. “When people stare at you and talk or they don’t stare but you can tell that they want to, just remember that you know who you are, and they don’t.”
12. “Winning at the cost of who you are, winning at the cost of becoming someone that you hate, means nothing.”
13. “I’m a person in a thousand pieces … It’s a long, hard process, but little by little, you start picking up the pieces. And you realize that what you’re making is a mirror. And the more pieces you put together, the more you see yourself.”
Throughout "13 Reasons Why," we were taught compassion, forgiveness, love, and most importantly the impact that one could have when they stand up for what they believe in.
Hannah Baker deserved better – and after witnessing Bryce Walker's path to redemption which took a fatal turn – I contend that Bryce Walker also deserved better.
Hopefully, the final season will be even more significant than the first three by discussing crucial issues and heavy-hitting storylines.
- What's Coming To And Leaving Netflix During June For Your ... ›
- 13 Things I Thought While Watching Season 3 Of '13 Reasons Why'. ›
- What '13 Reasons Why' Taught Me ›
- 13 Reasons "13 Reasons Why" Revives YA ›
- The Real Message Behind '13 Reasons Why' ›
- questions after watching 13 reasons why season 2 ›
- Lessons That We Should All Take Away From "13 Reasons Why" ›
- The Powerful Messages in 13 Reasons Why ›
- 13 Reasons Why Everyone Should Read The Novel "Thirteen ... ›
- 13 Things I Wish I Could Tell Hannah Baker ›