13 Moments We Had When Disney Channel Announced Its Movie Marathon

If this isn't a Throwback Thursday, I don't know what is.

105
Buzzfeed

Us '90s kids have already thrown our own Disney movie marathon with friends, fan favorites, and snacks, but it gets better. Our dreams are finally coming true thanks to the network we all watched every day after school and every night, before we used to go out, Disney Channel.

Why, you ask? First, this spectacular news does not require a why since we just care that it is happening. Second, Disney Channel is releasing its 100th original movie and wants to thank its fans over the years of its previous movies. From May 27 to May 30, the most viewed 51 movies will be shown, and the remaining 49 will be aired in June. We'll take what we can get. Four days. 51 OG movies. Let the nostalgia begin. And yes, I'll be using Disney Channel OG gifs just to get you even more pumped.

1. Realizing it's not just a rumor

There have been rumors of sequels to DC (and no, not Detective Comics) original movies like "High School Musical," "Hocus Pocus," and "Descendants." Granted "High School Musical 4" is coming out, but not with the original cast. Translation, we will not be watching it. The point is our inner kid has gotten its hopes up and let down before, so this was probably the best news received all week.

2. Telling all your friends

They did not believe you at first either, but once they did it was nonstop screaming and jumping.

3. Researching it

There is a schedule and everything. It is during Memorial Day Weekend, so thank you Disney for recognizing the many college students that don't have cable or the free time to enjoy this beautiful event.

4. Noticing a lot of favorites are not on the list

DC movies that won't be aired and that I believe should be on the time slot include "Luck of the Irish," "The Color of Friendship," and "Go Figure."

5. Strategizing a plan

No time for eating! First you order the importance of each movie, from most to least of course. Then you figure out bathroom, eating, and sleeping breaks. I'm just kidding, I know there won't be any sleep to waste this precious time.

6. Being honest with yourself

You obviously can't watch every single one without passing out or having a mental breakdown. Don't worry, you can DVR the movies that you will miss. Then watch them all over again while throwing your next Disney marathon!

7. Inviting the crew

You got to gather everyone and decide whose house you're watching it at and who can bring what snacks. Also, does anyone finally notice what Fifteen Cent (that name though) meant by that? I thought this was a kid's movie, Disney.

8. Contemplating dressing up

This may seem like I'm joking but I'm not. This is a very special time and I think it deserves going all out. There are so many options too: a princess in a protection program, commander of the 21st century, or a Lemonade Mouth band member.

9. Explaining the no talking rule during the marathon

You may miss the twitches save their mother and the kingdom of Coventry from the Darkness or Kim and Shego duking it out over Drakken's kidnaping plan. Yes, I am still very into these stories.

10. Playing all your Disney music to get hyped (you know it's on your iPod still, don't lie)

Ours are too Troy, our are too. We didn't watch those sing alongs and dance marathons on TV for nothing! Every single person who has seen these movies when they came out has every lyric and dance move memorized, guaranteed, and we are damn proud of it.

11. Practicing this routine since it's been awhile

Single handedly the coolest twist of events that my five year old saw happen in a movie. I shall practice and I shall master this.

12. Realizing it will have to end at one point

Keep in mind, this is a totally normal reaction. What to do with the rest of your summer vacation? No one knows.

13. Wondering if it will ever happen again

I hope this turns into a yearly thing so all the '90s and '00s kids can reverse back in time (like Kim P.) watching these movies with their families and friends every month. I'll never forget the daily Halloween and Disney specials!

These movies were our childhood and I for one appreciate going back to that time. It will be fun being a kid again cheering on the Wildcats and laughing at Suga Mama never listening to Oscar. In addition to being aired May and June, all the original Disney Channel movies will be for sale on various platforms like iTunes and Amazon. The schedule is listed below, which one are you looking forward to most?

Friday, May 27

10:00 a.m.: Kim Possible Movie: So the Drama
11:20 a.m.: Read It and Weep
12:55 p.m.: Wendy Wu: Homecoming Warrior
2:40 p.m.: Jump In!
4:15 p.m.: Lemonade Mouth
6:15 p.m.: Zapped
8:00 p.m.: High School Musical 2
9:55 p.m.: The Cheetah Girls 2
11:45 p.m.: Zenon the Zequel
1:25 a.m.: Halloweentown II: Kalabar’s Revenge
2:55 a.m.: Twitches Too
4:25 a.m.: Alley Cats Strike!

Saturday, May 28

6:25 a.m.: You Wish!
8:05 a.m.: The Proud Family Movie
9:50 a.m.: Quints
11:25 a.m.: Horse Sense
1:10 p.m.: Cow Belles
2:50 p.m.: Twitches
4:30 p.m.: The Even Stevens Movie
6:15 p.m.: Wizards of Waverly Place: The Movie
8:00 p.m.: Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam
9:50 p.m.: Princess Protection Program
11:30 p.m.: The Cheetah Girls: One World
1:05 a.m.: Zenon: Z3
2:40 a.m.: Halloweentown High
4:20 a.m.: The Thirteenth Year

Sunday, May 29

6:00 a.m.: Right On Track
7:45 a.m.: Full-Court Miracle
9:35 a.m.: Eddie’s Million Dollar Cook-Off
11:20 a.m.: Brink!
1:10 p.m.: Double Teamed
2:55 p.m.: Rip Girls
4:35 p.m.: Motocrossed
6:20 p.m.: Cloud 9
8:00 p.m.: Teen Beach 2
9:55 p.m.: Bad Hair Day
11:40 p.m.: How to Build a Better Boy
1:20 a.m.: Pixel Perfect
2:55 a.m.: The Other Me
4:30 a.m.: Genius

Monday, May 30

10:00 a.m.: Stuck in the Suburbs
11:30 a.m.: Halloweentown
1:05 p.m.: Zenon, Girl of the 21st Century
2:55 p.m.: Smart House
4:25 p.m.: High School Musical
6:15 p.m.: Camp Rock
8:00 p.m.: Descendants
10:05 p.m.: Teen Beach Movie
11:55 p.m.: Cadet Kelly
1:50 a.m.: The Cheetah Girls
3:35 a.m.: Johnny Tsunami