12 Ways To Overcome College Life

12 Ways To Overcome College Life

These are supposed to be the best years of our life.

118
12 Ways To Overcome College Life
Photos by Clark/Flickr

For anyone living that college life, it's not all sunshines and rainbows. We were all thrown into this stress pit together called college. I'm in my Junior year and all I understand is that it gets worse each year. I didn't sign up to stress 24/7 about whether I'm going to make it in life or not. To all of those movies that portray college parties as the best nights of our lives, shove your lies somewhere else, my friend, because they are actually the worst; but have no fear because I am here to give you twelve ways to overcome college life. Let's dive into this rabbit hole together!

1. We're broke, so food is scarce.

When I spend my life savings on junk food, you best believe I'm going to annihilate it all. Sharing isn't always caring.

2. When you're feeling stressed, look at Corgi butts.

Look back at it.

3. Hotline Bling your way through any frat party because why not?

If you're being dragged to a party then you might as well be the life of the party with your awesome rendition of Hotline Bling. There will always be someone willing to join you.

4. Netflix is your best friend.

When life decides to give up on you, Netflix will always be there to catch you when you fall.

5. Sometimes you just want to take endless naps and that's perfectly understandable.

With the endless hours of studying at night, you're never too old for nap time.

6. Call your parents and complain how stressful your life is compared to theirs.

Their unconditional love calls for patience as they listen to you vent for hours. They were also the ones to put you in that mess in the first place.

7. Everyone needs a little retail therapy after finals week.

In whichever way makes you happy, enjoy spending some big bucks! No purchase will be considered stupid!

8. It's okay to give yourself pep talks before taking any exam.

Self-motivation is key to persevere through the toughest of tests. Defeating the professor at their own game is an added bonus.

9. You're allowed to shed a few tears every now and then.

You'll feel 10 times better if you let it out. You're among friends now. This is a judge free zone.

10. Try to attend your school's various sports games.

Learn the fight song. Learn the chants. Showing school spirit is one way to elevate your college experience.

11. Join student clubs and organizations.

Show 'em what you got with your skills and talent. You'll be guaranteed a new outlet for lifelong friends and unforgettable memories.

12. College is hard, but life is short.

We're all running through the woes together, but don't forget that fun still exists. Take the time to socialize and find adventures. After all, these are supposed to be the best moments of our life.