12 Ways Technology Is Ruining Our Society

Technology has many negative effects that harm our society

14755
AIESEC

Growing up in today's society is much different than it has ever been before. Everything revolves around technology. Your life is measured by the amount of friends you have on Facebook, the amount of likes you get on Instagram, and the amount and length of your Snapchat streaks. Communicating in person is actually getting too difficult and scary when letting out those inner emotions, while texting is much easier without the other person's reaction. Technology is ruining society, and the younger generations don't even realize because this is all they know.

1. Distracted driving is easier.

That text can wait. That call can wait. That Snapchat can wait. Put the phone down!

2. We rely on our phones for everything.

Need to do some math? Got a calculator on my phone. Need to do that history homework? I'll look it up on google. Need to check your email? Got it.

3. Face to face conversation is rare.

Why actually hangout with someone when you can just FaceTime instead?

4. When face to face conversation occurs.

When you actually do hangout, no more than 10 words are exchanged, everyone's just glued to their phones.

5. Makes you feel worse about yourself.

Every day, you constantly see perfect models on advertisements or social media, reminding you of just how flawed you are.

6. People don't enjoy the moment.

It's just easier to pretend you had a lot of fun than actually having it.

7. More fights erupt.

Seeing that the boy you like read your message and ignored it? He must hate you. One of your friends didn't Snapchat you back? How dare she.

8. It's addictive.

Admit it, texting and checking all social media sites are a must.

9. It wastes time.

Do you know how many hours I've wasted on Netflix? Too many.

10. It's easier to become isolated.

No thanks, I'll just stay home tonight and every other night this week and watch Netflix or shop online. Maybe even find some new game apps so we can all play tonight!

11. It adds stress.

Did you see that Twitter fight? OMG can you believe her caption on Instagram? Wow did you see his new best friends on Snapchat?

12. Bullying is easier.

Because how hard can it be to type hurtful messages into a smartphone and click "post" or "send."