Shows To Watch Now that GOT is Over

12 Shows to Watch Now That 'Game of Thrones' is Over

There are so many other great shows!

68

So now that Game of Thrones is over you have nothing to do on your Sundays right?

Well fear not, because there are so many great shows out there that you can watch to replace the void in your heart ever since the show ended.

Without further ado, here are 12 shows to watch now that GOT is over:

1.   Breaking Bad

Walter White

Walter White

media.giphy.com

If you haven't already, watch this show!

It's about a chemistry teacher who gets cancer, which leads him to start selling meth.

I would highly recommended it to anyone, as I think it is the best show of all time.

If you don't have anything to watch, defiantly give this show a try. It starts off a bit slow, but it picks up quickly I promise!

2.  Shameless

Shameless

Shameless

media.giphy.com

Shameless follows the Ghalleger family that is far from your typical family.

Not only is it funny, but it is also will leave you loving the characters and rooting for them the whole way as they navigate life in Chicago.

Definitely give this show a watch if you want a laugh but also something that tackles more serious issues.

3. American Horror Story

AHS

American Horror Story Season 1

media.giphy.com

It's hard to describe American Horror Story as each season the story changes. But what they do have in common is they are all creepy and prey on the audiences fears.

With seasons taking place in places like sinister houses, creepy hotels, and asylums, this show has a season that everyone who enjoys a little spook and mystery will enjoy!

4. The Sopranos

The Sopranos

Tony Soprano

media.giphy.com

The Sopranos follows Tony Soprano who is involved in organized crime, yes like the mafia.

If that doesn't sound cool enough to make you watch something, then I don't know what it!

5. Arrested Development

Arrested Development

Arrested Development

media.giphy.com

Arrested Development is awkwardly funny.

A different kind of funny than The Office, in fact it's humor is more closely related to that of Parks and Rec but it still stands out on its own.

It follows the Bluth kids in the aftermath of their father being taken away to jail and how they handle his business.

6.  Dexter

Dexter

Dexter

media.giphy.com

Dexter is complex, just like many of it's characters.

Dexter is a serial killer, but here's the catch, he only kills other serial killers. So he is a vigilante of sorts.

The show follows him on his murders and his daily life as a blood splatter analyst at the police station.

If you enjoy crime shows or creative shows that make you root for a villain, I would highly recommend this series.

7.  Sex Education

Sex

Sex Education

media.giphy.com

If you haven't watched this hit Netflix show then stop reading this and do it now!

Sex Education is about what it sounds like: sex education.

Except not in a straightforward way in which they force you to learn about condoms and what not.

Instead it looks at issues young and older people face in sex but also in life through the eyes of a high schooler who's mom is a sex therapist.

Not only that but the show also explores topics like abortion, the LGBTQ community, and feminism beautifully. It is exactly the kind of show we need right now in the world.

8. Mad Men

Mad Men

Mad Men

media.giphy.com

Mad Men isn't for everyone but if you enjoy dramas and complicated characters then I would recommend this!

Mad Men takes place in the 1960s and follows Don Draper and the advertising agency he works at.

Throughout the series there are many complex characters who evolve in the changing decade of the 60s when advertising was at a high.

9. The 100

The 100

The 100

media.giphy.com

The 100 is great if you enjoy sci-fi and even if you don't.

It follows a group of teens who land on earth for the first time years after humans were forced to live in space.

It creates a plot and characters that many are sure to be hooked on.

10. The Walking Dead

Walker

Walker

media.giphy.com

The Walking Dead is one of those shows that started off great, but gradually for worse.

Despite that fact, it's first couple seasons are so good that I would still recommend it!

It follows a group of survivors in the zombie apocalypses, but stresses that the zombies aren't the only thing they should be afraid of.

11. 13 Reasons Why

13 Reasons Why

13 Reasons Why

media.giphy.com

This show follows a high school age boy who's crush and friend committed suicide and how her story unfolds and the aftermath of it.

Obviously this isn't the show for you if this kind of stuff makes you uncomfortable or triggers you, but for those of you who are interested I would recommend it!

12. The Handmaid’s Tale

Offred

Offred

media.giphy.com

The Handmaid's Tale takes place in America after a fundamentalist theocratic dictatorship takes over that treats fertile women as objects for the higher up men to force to birth their babies.

In America right now this is such an important show (based off the book of the same name by Margaret Atwood) because it shows how women are slowly losing their rights and it gives a frightful glimpse into what could be our future.