12 Things That Happen When Your Mom Is Your Best Friend

Sure she's crazy and doesn't always make sense, but that is the best part about her being your best friend.

6
Cassie Via

Growing up, my mom and I were always very close. There were many times that I tried to take advantage of that as well as times that we would get very upset with each other over small things due to being so close. To this day my mom and I are still very close and I call her at least once a day just to talk when I’m away at school. Here are just a few things that happens when your mom is your best friend.

1. You call her about everything, especially the bad stuff

You know you can call her at any time, with any problem and she will listen.

2. Sometimes, you just really need to hug her to feel better

Whenever I feel upset I know that huggung my mom will help me feel better.

3. She also calls you about everything, literally everything

Just like you call her any time, she does the same to you. Even if its just to say she misses you because you haven't been home in a few weeks.

4. She always has the best ideas

Who doesn't want to skip a day of school to spend time with their mom?

5. She ignores you when she’s busy and doesn’t even care

We've all tried to get our moms attention when she was busy doing something. Sometimes she just likes to ignore you because she thinks its funny to make you mad.

6. You learn to accept that she is always right, even if you don’t think she is

As hard as it might be to admit at times, being so close to mom has shown me that regardless of if I want to accept it or not, she is right. Your mom knows what she is talking about when she says a boy is bad news or that going out on a Wednesday isn't your best idea. Listen to her next time.

7. She will pester you, and then make fun of you for it

She will find times to pester you or startle you ALL THE TIME. Just because it is funny for her to see you get scared andshe can make fun of you for it later.

8. She will be the first person to defend you

Gratned we don't all have Molly Weasley for a mother, she will always defend you.

9. She will dance like this. Sometimes it will be in public. You will be embarrassed and she won’t care

As a mother, it is her job to make you feel embarrassed while she has fun dancing around.

10. You learn to appreciate how much she has done for you

She would give you the shirt off her back without even thinking about it. She does everything she can to give you what you need. If you haven't noticed you should pay attention and say thank you next time.

11. You realize that slowly you are becoming like your mother, and you are okay with it

After spending so much time together you realize you are slowly becoming like your mother and developing some of her habits, and you're completely okay with it. Why wouldn't you be? Your mom is the best.

12. You love her despite the fact that some of her logic seems crazy at times

She might not always make sense, but she still gives pretty solid pointers.

Thank you for everything you do momma. I love you