If you are like me and random facts, statistics, world records and stories fascinate you, then you will appreciate this list of 12 completely random and very strange laws that were passed in Missouri. Some of the laws I came across are just in specific cities, but there are several that are statewide laws. Enjoy the list. Maybe you have even broken one of the laws, unknowingly, and will get a laugh.
1. Clotheslines are banned, but clothes can be draped over a fence.
2. One may not drink in a bar from 2 a.m. to 6 a.m.
3. It is illegal to sit on the curb on any city street and drink beer from a bucket.
4. A milk man may not run while on duty.
5. Installation of bathtubs with four legs resembling animal paws is prohibited.
6. Dancing is strictly prohibited.
7. You need to have a permit to shave while driving.
8. Single men between the ages of 21 and 50 must pay an annual tax of one dollar.
9. It is illegal to smoke a pipe through your ear.
10. It is illegal to eat clam chowder on Sunday between 11:50 a.m. and 12:48 p.m.
11. Worrying about squirrels is not tolerated.
12. One may not honk another person's horn.
I hope this list provided you with a few laughs and maybe even a couple laws left you thoroughly confused, but if you are a rebel maybe you will break one sometime for the heck of it. The one that left me the most confused was the dancing prohibition in Purdy -- can I say Footloose? I would hope the people in Purdy break this law, because dancing is a lot of fun to be missing out on! Whatever the state and whatever the law, Missouri most definitely has several that top the weird list.