An Open Letter To My Ex's Family

An Open Letter To My Ex's Family

This is an open letter to my ex's family, thanking them for all that they have done.

10503
An Open Letter To My Ex's Family

To my ex's family:

Things clearly did not go as well as I hoped with my relationship, but things happened, and this is where we are now. I want to say that your family holds a special place in my heart. You will forever be like a second family to me after all of the time we spent together and all of the memories we have shared. And even though things have changed now, I will continue to cherish the time I did have with you all.

I want to thank you for always making me feel like I was a part of your family and welcoming me into your homes. Thank you for never making me feel uncomfortable or treating me like an outsider. From family parties to social media, you have always made me feel like I was part of the family. I appreciate all that you did for me during the time I was dating my ex.

I also want to thank you for always speaking highly of me and never shunning me after my breakup. I know that it's easy to jump to conclusions and automatically hate the ex, but you have all been extremely respectful to me since my breakup. People come and go in life, but you never pushed me away because of the situation. Thank you for not allowing what happened between him and I to define me as a person.

You are all very special people, and I love each and every one of you. Although we will drift and will never be as close as we once were, I appreciate the time we had together. I was truly blessed to know and love you all. And although things will never be the same, I'm happy to say that we're all on good terms. You are all so special to me that to imagine not having any connection with you at all is pretty upsetting. It feels good to be able to say hello if I see you out, instead of needing to run and hide from you.

You've broken the mold and set the standards extremely high. Although I will move on to date other people, you're irreplaceable. I hope the next girl to take my place will understand how lucky she is to have you all in her life, and I hope to be welcomed into the next family and loved by them the way I was by you. We will all change as time goes on, and I hope we all change for the better. I wish all of you the best in life because you all deserve it.

Thank you again for your kindness and love over the past few years.

Love always,

Your loved one's ex

From Your Site Articles