12 Reasons Why Black Will Never Slack

12 Reasons Why Black Will Never Slack

Why is black so much more appealing than any other color on the wheel?

151
12 Reasons Why Black Will Never Slack

Black has always been a very trendy color and is considered "in." It's the darkest color on the color wheel. It's also quite a common color preference for many people's wardrobes, car paint, and even animal companion coat choice. Why is this so? What makes black so much more appealing than other colors?

1. It goes with everything in your wardrobe.

Black is a neutral color and it is therefore versatile and complements anything you choose to wear. It extracts the essence of your outfit by creating variations of darks and lights within your attire. Not only that, but it even complements itself. You may try experimenting with wearing all black by playing around with different textures. You could wear black twill pants, a black crochet top, and perhaps a pair of black sequin shoes, if that's your personal taste. By wearing an all-orange outfit, you could potentially be criticized for clashing multiple different shades of orange or wearing something that resembles a pumpkin. However, wearing all black is all right.

2. It gives your home a classy look.

It adds color for people who are unsure of what color to add, or do not want to go overboard with too many colors. The walls in houses are commonly painted white. By adding black as the main color or an accent color, you can establish a sophisticated and dramatic look with little to no effort at all. It's perfect for minimalists. You can even add an accent color with a vivid vase or potted plants and it will match with the color scheme.

3. Black is slimming!

Black slims you by giving your body a sleeker look. Unlike wearing white, which draws attention to physical flaws like cellulite, it hides your imperfections and creates an elegant and more-polished look. It does so by providing your body with a smoother silhouette. Many women own little black dresses ("LBD" for short). This is a go-to dress for women who don't know what to wear. They know that they will feel great once they put on the dress.

4. Black is confidence.

Whether you’re sporting black nails, rocking black lipstick, or cruising around in a shiny black sports car, when in black, you instantly feel confident. When you're comfortable and being a bit daring, you feel at ease. When you feel at ease, your confidence increases. When you wear all black shoes with all black laces and black soles, it brings about a look of being well put together while being bold and not following the common trend.

5. It's mysterious.

A wide number of criminals and burglars wear black and strike at night, since it conceals their wrongdoings much better than in broad daylight. Villains like the Penguin and Venom are adorned in complete black. Although Batman is a superhero, he dresses in total black as well, so that he can catch his foes by surprise in the shadows of the night. When someone is dressed in black and is seen lurking in the shadows, they are automatically labeled suspicious; you want to know more about them.

6. Black jewels are rare.

It's a rare thing to find black jewelry such as black diamonds and pearls. Generally these are more expensive. By having these dark pieces, you possess something that the majority of people don’t have, which can cost you a pretty penny. This gives you a higher status. Although being duller and less lustrous than their white and clear counterparts, they give any outfit a more-elegant look by creating contrast with their shiny bezels.

7. It is utterly seductive.

Many women’s lingerie and men's underwear are advertised in black. Black catches your eye and draws attention to the your natural body curves and muscle definition. The human eye likes shadows and light. The human eye omits the black shadows and focuses on the the highlight of your body. This gives your body a lot more resolution. Wearing black gives you a polished and effortless look. This ability to look attractive with little to no effort is seen as seductive and alluring.

8. Animals who have black coats are perceived to be fierce.

Although they come in various patterns and coats, black animals tend to be the most preferred when it come to wild animals. They are not easy to spot and are sometimes considered dangerous. It's a common superstition that if a black cat crossed your path, it was not only a sign of bad luck, but an omen of doom. The cat's fur color clearly had power over your fate. Talk about fierce!

9. Black technology is more innovative.

One of the main colors that new technology comes in when it's introduced to the public is black. When new sports cars like the BMW i8 are advertised, they are black. The dark color gives a sleek and futuristic look to the technology. This overall black finish also allows for the company to highlight what's new or what they want you to see about their product with lights or a striking accent color.

10. It is excellent in the winter.

The color black naturally absorbs heat and light. it does this by soaking up light (heat) wavelengths and not reflecting any back. So when you're feeling a bit chilly during those winter months, grab a black blanket and snuggle down with a warm drink, then let the black do all the work for you.

11. Black is healthy.

Black doesn't always just make you look good on the outside. Food like black beans, rice, coffee, and tea provide your body with some great health benefits. Black tea is a great source of antioxidants, and helps strengthen your hair, as well as maintain your dark tresses.

12. Black is simply wonderful!

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F04%2F22%2F63596896804785204499741465_Black%252011.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=428&h=1f8dd4a3139bf1f3811fd619e5497591049a0a5fa439815a4d7e3f3f6f0f8d6f&size=980x&c=2234342992 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F04%252F22%252F63596896804785204499741465_Black%25252011.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D428%26h%3D1f8dd4a3139bf1f3811fd619e5497591049a0a5fa439815a4d7e3f3f6f0f8d6f%26size%3D980x%26c%3D2234342992%22%7D" expand=1]

Let's give a hand to the color that does it all, black!