12 Reasons Why Dunkin' Donuts Is Better Than Starbucks

Friends don't let friends drink Starbucks.

14260
@victoriouslogan on Instagram

You wake up late and need a good cup of coffee before your 8 a.m. class. Where should you go? When I need a coffee to start my day, you bet you'll see me at Dunkin' Donuts. Here's why:

1. It tastes better.

When you order a coffee from Dunkin', you can be sure that the coffee will have just the right taste. Whether you're in the mood for hazelnut, vanilla, even blueberry or just plain, you know you're getting what you want. Coffee from Dunkin' has a classic roasted coffee bean taste. Starbucks coffee tastes like they burnt it. Who wants that?

2. It's cheaper.

At Dunkin' a small is $1.59 and at Starbucks, a small is $1.80. As a college student, every cent counts and I'd rather be paying less for a better tasting coffee.

3. It has a simpler menu.

Why is the small at Starbucks called a tall? If it's a small cup, obviously it isn't tall?! What's with all the weird terminology? At Dunkin' you can easily order a large without being corrected and getting an eye roll. What is a "Venti" anyway? I just want my coffee and I want it quick, I don't need to be deciphering codes.

4. The speed of service is quicker.

When I need to run to catch a train, I don't have time to wait for my drink to be ready. At Dunkin', my drink is always ready before I even finish paying. Impressive.

5. At Dunkin', they never get my name wrong.

This also adds to the speed of service — at Dunkin' Donuts, they don't ask you for your name. They make your coffee and you're out of there with a smile on your face. With a name as unique as mine, I always have the craziest names written on my cup. Then when it comes time to call out my name, it isn't even right, so I need to figure out if it really is mine, which takes up more time. No, my name is not "Christianuh."

6. Dunkin' puts the milk and sugar in for you.

I hate having to mix sugar and milk into my coffee only to taste it and realize I didn't add enough, or worse, I put in too much and ruined my cup of coffee. At Dunkin', they ask you how much milk/cream and sugar you want so it's all done for you.

7. They have Coolattas.

Yes, Starbucks has frappuccinos, but nothing is better than the endless choice of smooth, cool drinks to order on a hot summer day. They have everything from raspberry to Oreo. That point should sell you right then and there.

8. The donuts!

I wouldn't dream of getting a donut from Starbucks. Dunkin' Donuts has all different kinds, from the classic strawberry icing to the seasonal pumpkin, you can always find something you're in the mood for. What's a better pair to a good cup of coffee than a fresh donut?

9. Munchkins.

Need I say more?

10. Oven-toasted hash browns.

They're like little circles of sunshine.

11. Hot chocolate.

Not only do they have the classic, but they also have flavors. And white hot chocolate is fabulous.

12. The deals!

One of my favorite examples: on days after the NY Giants or NY Jets win, you can snag a hot or iced coffee for 25 cents. Get it? "Quarterback." Now I'm not a big football fan, but you bet I'm rooting for the win so I can get my coffee the next day. Starbucks would never do such a thing. With the Dunkin' rewards app DD Perks, you collect points towards many rewards. They are always changing and they are always valuable, leaving me caffeinated and satisfied.

With all of these points in mind, which place is the obvious choice for your morning coffee run?

Image Credit: @victoriouslogan on Instagram