12 Reasons Aaron Rodgers Deserves To Be MVP

Rodgers is the best player in football and there's nothing you can do about it.

14
Elvis Kennedy / Flickr

After an excellent week-17 win over division rival Detroit Lions, Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers are heading back to the playoffs. Rodgers was sublime in the game, throwing for 300 yards and four touchdowns. This win gives the Packers the NFC North championship, and the fourth seed in the upcoming NFL playoffs. While the green and gold faithful patiently await a showdown with the New York Giants on Sunday, there is an issue that needs addressing: who should be the NFL's MVP. For intelligent football fans, the answer is Aaron "R-E-L-A-X-E-D" Rodgers. For anyone who may disagree, here are 12 reasons Aaron Rodgers deserves to be MVP.

1. His Stats

The first time thing most people look at when deciding the MVP is a player's numbers, and Rodgers are better than anyone's. Rodgers 40 TD's is the league best, and he is top five in many passing categories. Rodgers once again threw single digit interceptions and has had no picks during the Packers six-game win streak. Even Rodgers stats during the Packers 4-6 start are very impressive, throwing for 25 scores and the only seven interceptions of the season.

2. The Amazing Throws

Rodgers can throw a ball better than anyone in the league and can do it from anywhere on the field. Some of his tosses seem to be impossible, but as Rodgers has proven time and time again, nothing is impossible for the best QB in the league. If you don't believe me just click anywhere in the video below, and witness something sensational. Better yet watch the whole thing, and bask in the warm and beautiful sunlight Rodgers is.

3. Weak Competition

Other players have had great seasons, but none good enough to top Rodgers. The main competition for the award comes from Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott. Here's why they each don't deserve it.

Ryan-Rodgers main competition is the Falcons QB, but Ryan's season is not as impressive. Rodgers and Ryan are extremely close in most stats, but Rodgers is definitely the more talented player. Ryan is blessed to have two talented RB's and possibly the most talented WR in the league in Julio Jones. Give Rodgers these type of weapons, let him play him in a dome and watch the league crumble. Rodgers ability to run should also give him the edge over Ryan.

Brady- Sorry Tommy, when you miss four games and throw less than 30 touchdowns, you don't really deserve the MVP.

Prescott and Elliott- The Cowboys rookies deserve recognition for their remarkable season, but the duality of their run means they split the vote and are not as deserving as AR12.

4. He Doesn't Make Mistakes

Many times, the best way to win a game is to mess up less than your opponent. Unfortunately for the rest of the league, Rodgers has taken this concept and molded his entire game based on it. Rodgers hasn't thrown a pick in 206 pass attempts and the many of his early season interceptions were a result of tipped passes. Rodgers will not throw a ball if he is not certain his receiver won't have a great chance it will be caught. His perfect split-second decision making is a nightmare for opponents, but incredible to witness.

5. His Running Ability

When the game is on the line, Rodgers turns into Aaron Vick and is one of the best mobile QBs in the game. Rodgers has had to enter Vick mode many times this year as the Packer run game has struggled, now somewhat revitalized with the emergence of Ty Montgomery. Rodgers ability to scramble is tops in the league and throwing while running is no problem for the cerebral QB. Rodgers led the Packers in rushing yards for most of the year, and his four rushing TD's leads the Pack this season. Rodgers' leg is getting healthy again, meaning his rushing ability will be in full force for the playoffs, just another thing for opposing defensive coordinators to lose sleep over.

6. He Improves Everyone Around Him

Rodgers is the league's premier star-maker, bar none. Rodgers makes his receivers, and if they can't perform to his standard, he'll move on to the next one. This season, Rodgers made Davante Adams into a player worthy of Pro-Bowl contention. Before the season? Many were calling for him to be cut. Rodgers is the best because he makes everyone around him better.

7. He Dragged the Packers to Playoffs

The real mark of an MVP is their ability to win. Rodgers has done more for the Packers than anyone in the league, and thus deserves to win the award. The injuries the Pack has sustained this year would be enough to stop a lesser QB from making the postseason, but again there is nothing Aaron Rodgers can't do.

8. His Football Intelligence

No one understands the game better than Rodgers. Whether it's making the perfect audible or getting a free play because the defense is too slow on substitutions, Rodgers is in complete control always. Mike McCarthy and his various offensive coordinators trust Rodgers wholeheartedly, mainly due to his next-level football smarts. Rodgers always knows what he wants to do on the field, and due to his underrated athleticism, is usually able to do it.

9. His Leadership

While Rodgers is normally quiet and reserved while speaking to the media, he is the undisputed leader of this team. Rodgers consistent and excellent performance is the standard for the entire team, and those who are able to meet it are lucky enough to be improved by playing with the best QB around.

10. He Does Things No One Else Can

MVP.

Also, quick shoutout to soon-to-be Packer legend Geronimo Allison.

11. He Ran The Table

People should probably start listening to what Rodgers says. After being written off by everyone except real Packer fans, Rodgers, once again, kept his cool and told the world that he truly believed the green and gold could "run the table." Most cheeseheads began to finally R-E-L-A-X after this gutsy comment. True to his word, Rodgers led his scrappy team to six straight wins. That's some legend-level stuff, unsurprising from the QB who could go down as the best of all-time.

12. He's The Champ

Aaron Rodgers deserves to be the MVP. No one is more important to his team, or does more to win. Anyone who disagrees is about to experience a rude awakening as Rodgers and the Pack are not done running that infamous table yet. Winter is here, and the King in the North is here to take what is rightfully his.

Super Bowl LI, here we come. Go Pack Go.