12 Motivational Quotes To Get Through Finals Week

From a lover of words, a gift for all the stressed out, sleep-deprived, caffeine-induced college students.

33457
huffingtonpost

When December comes around, there are two thoughts: (1) Holy crap, the year is almost over (2) Holy crap even more, finals are coming up and I barely started the class and my textbooks are still brand new. Since I have always loved words and quotes, I thought I could help my friends, fellow peers, and stressed out strangers to get through finals weeks with some positive vibes and moving motivational quotes from a range of people known or anonymous. Grab your junk food, that can of Monster I know you’ve been saving up for this week, and a blanket because you need a little break from cramming all of that information in your poor brain. Treat your mental health with some positive, moving (possibly tear-jerking) motivational quotes to help you survive finals weeks.

1. “The most effective way to do it is to do it.” -Amelia Earhart.

It’s very simple. Sit down at your “spot,” get your study material out, put on some study tunes, and study.

2. “Don’t let perfection become procrastination”-Danielle LaPorte.

This is for all of those who keeps overthinking their essays or projects that they end up accumulating more work as the deadline approaches. Just ease up, think, and it will come to you naturally.

3. “You can have anything you want if you want it badly enough. You can be anything you want to be, do anything you set out to accomplish if you hold to that desire white singleness of purpose.” -Abraham Lincoln.

Oh captain, my captain! I shall! Who knew motivation from the 16th president of the United States could sound like a Pinterest post?

4. “The harder you work for something, the greater you feel when you achieve it” -anonymous.

Knowing that you did your best taking that exam or writing that paper will make you feel so much better, even if you end up with a score you didn’t expect. Just remember that you tried your best, you are studying something that not everyone has the patience for and that’s enough.

5. “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward” -Martin Luther King Jr.

The same mentality with Dory in “Finding Nemo” of “just keep swimming.” You’ve gotten so far within this hectic quarter, the school year, college in general. Hell, the fact you’re in college in the most competitive time to attend is fricking outstanding. Remember that, and keep moving forward. I believe in you.

6. “You can never be overdressed or overeducated” -Oscar Wilde.

For those who are going for the “boho homeless” chic look when they take their finals, it’s actually psychologically proven the better you dress up for a final, the more confidence you develop while taking the exam. So dress your best for success!

7. "I want 'Elle Woods getting in to Harvard' kind of determination" -Anonymous.

Because Elle Woods knows how to get her sh*t together, and you should too. She dresses well for success, too!

8. "Don’t study because you need to. Study because knowledge is power. Study because they can never take it away from you. Study because you want to know more. Study because it enhances you. Study because it grows you.” - Anonymous

Remind yourself why you're going through these trying times. Education is a privilege that many wish to maintain especially in this country. Study for those who can't receive this education.

9. “Better to do something Imperfectly than to do nothing flawlessly.” -Robert Schuller.

You probably don’t understand everything in the syllabus, or maybe you half-a**ed that paper because you didn’t figure out a good thesis for it, maybe you bombed that final, but at least you did something to better your education and your growth to the best of your abilities. That’s all that it takes.

10. “Intelligence without ambition is a bird without wings” -Salvador Dali.

Make sure that you don’t compare yourself with the “smart” kid in your class. It’s okay to have exams where you’re weaker in the subject because low-key that “smart” kid probably has those classes as well. Intelligence is only 5 percent trying. Commitment and tears are 95 percent towards the results of your finals.

11. “On the difficult days, when the worlds on your shoulders, remember that diamonds are made under the weight of the mountains” -Renee Edwards (@beautaplin on Instagram).

Remember that you’re a diamond in the ruff, babe. So don’t let that put you down and study yourself off like you're about to show off because you’re going to do amazing things and meet amazing people one day with the education you’re receiving right now.

12. “Power corrupts. Knowledge is power. Study Hard. Be evil.” - Neil Gaiman.

Everyone has a little evil in them. Don’t give up studying for that final because learning that material will help you so you could low key become a dictator to the world and doesn't that should wonderful? I mean a certain oddly-tanned business man is going to be our next president with little to no political experience, imagine what you could do with education within your field of choice?