12 Funny Obscure Holidays

12 Funny Obscure Holidays

12 of the hundreds of holidays celebrated throughout the world.

1286
12 Funny Obscure Holidays
Psych Central

Throughout the years many national holidays have appeared such as President's Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, or Valentine's Day. However, more and more "national holidays" keep appearing, like National Doughnut Day. There are so many obscure "holidays" in the United States. Some days have multiple "holidays" being celebrated on it. Each month has a "holiday" for every day. I do not expect you to start celebrating these days, but some of them you might question why and if people actually celebrate it.

1. National Nothing Day

This is celebrated on January 16th. It is literally a day for doing nothing. This day can be celebrated by doing absolutely nothing. This day was created in 1973 by Harold Pullman Coffin. Just by writing this paragraph, I am contradicting the meaning of that day. This day is not to be promoted.

2. Plum Pudding Day

It is no wonder why people do not know about this day. It is on February 12th, the same day as Abraham Lincoln's birthday, also known as one of the reasons people do not celebrate this day. The other reason is not many people like plums. Just like this obscure "holiday," plums are an obscure fruit. It is not known when this day was created or by whom it was created, but next February 12th, do not hesitate to eat some plum pudding to honor this day.

3. Extraterrestrial Abductions Day

I cannot even handle the fact that someone created this day. "ET Abductions Day" is celebrated on March 20th. It is not known who the creator of this day is and when it was created is also unknown. It is official, there is a day for everything.

4. Blah, Blah, Blah Day

This "holiday" is celebrated on April 17th. This day is to be used as a day to get everything done that people keep nagging you about. This is a copyrighted holiday, courtesy of wellcat.com.

5. Dance Like a Chicken Day

This day is celebrated on May 14th. The origin of the day is unknown. People who celebrated this "holiday" usually do the "Chicken Dance." This day is specifically for those people who enjoy the "Chicken Dance." So next year do not be afraid to do the "Chicken Dance" in public, because you will be celebrating a national holiday.

6. Repeat Day

Repeat Day is June 3rd. This day is used to celebrate repeating things. You can say and do things over and over again. Pick things you enjoy doing and just keep doing them over and over again. The origin of Repeat Day is unknown.

7. Sidewalk Egg Frying Day

This so called "holiday" just happens to be celebrated on July 4th. I wonder why? Not only is July 4th Sidewalk Egg Frying Day, it just also happens to be Independence Day, one of the biggest holidays in the United States. It is unknown who created this holiday. It is also unknown as to when this day was created. So this 4th of July, take an egg with you to a cookout and go ahead and fry it up on the sidewalk.

8. Just Because Day

August 27 is Just Because Day. The purpose of this day is to something spontaneous. Do whatever you want on this day. Why, you may ask? Because why not? That is the point of the day. The origin of this day is unknown but this person created the day because they could. Enjoy this day!

9. Be Late for Something Day

Well, this day is pretty self explanatory. This "holiday" is celebrated on September 5th. You can use this day as an excuse to be late for work. Actually, do not do that. I do not think your boss would appreciate that. I do not see a point in this day, because no one appreciates anyone who is late, so do not celebrate this day.

10. Bald and Free Day

October 7th is used to celebrate those with a shiny head. Families can celebrate this day as a family if there is someone bald in the family. This is not a day to say bald jokes, but rather celebrate the lucky person who just happens to be bald.

11. Absurdity Day

Absurdity Day is celebrated on November 20th. This day and or article might seem absurd to you, so why not read this article on November 20th (again)? Celebrate this day doing whatever you think is extremely absurd.

12. Put on Your Own Shoes Day

Why? This day is observed on December 6th. No one knows why this day even needs to exist, because why would you not wear your own shoes? This day is just completely insane. Just make sure you wear your own shoes on this day.

Well here are just some of the crazy "holidays" that exist in the world. Also, thank you to Holiday Insights for supplying me with this information.