Celebrate April: 10 Powerful Reasons to Embrace This Month

April Delights: 10 Reasons to Celebrate This Month

It's not just because of the amazing weather.

12166
April fools day art

There are twelve months in a year but there is one month that is better than the rest. Can you guess which one? If you said April, you're right! If you didn't say April, well. . . You're wrong. You are probably wondering why you're wrong; you are probably thinking to yourself "there is no way I am wrong! ___ is the best month, not April!" Well, let me explain to you.

• Diamond is the birthstone
  • Daisies and sweet peas are the flowers of the month
  • April has 3 holidays
  • April has the best Zodiac signs
  • Jazz Appreciation Month
  • April is known by different names
  • Professional baseball starts in April
  • April has some of the best weather
  • Coachella Festival takes place in April
  • Author's birthday is in April
Check out below why these matter.

1. The birthstone is a diamond.

Cut brilliant shape diamond against a white wall Photo by Evie S. on Unsplash

The diamond is one the hardest substances on Earth. Diamond comes from the Greek word adamas which means "untamable". It is said that diamonds are supposed to bring balance and clarity to anyone who owns one. It also symbolizes eternal love.

2. The flowers of the month are daisies and sweet peas.

White Daisies in a field with a Bee Photo by ekrem osmanoglu on Unsplash

The daisy symbolizes innocence and purity while the sweet pea signifies blissful pleasure.

3. There are 3 holidays in April.

Person in a bunny suite mid air jumping Photo by Kenny Eliason on Unsplash

There is April Fools Day, Easter, and Earth Day. That is a lot of holidays for one month! April is just extra appreciative!

4. April has the best Zodiac signs.

Zodiac Signs painted onto a large wall Photo by Jakub Pabis on Unsplash

If you were born between April 1st - April 19th, you are an Aries. (Side note: The Aries Zodiac actually starts March 21st, but that is not important right now). The sign of an Aries is a Ram, which is considered to be a sun (fire) sign and ruled by the planet and Roman God of War: Mars.

5. April is Jazz Appreciation Month.

Man playing the saxophone in building Photo by Mark Pecar on Unsplash

Jazz is such a beautiful genre of music! It is so calming and exciting at the same time. I am glad that something appreciates Jazz music.

6. April is known by different names.

Portrait image of a Woman with long hair and a flower crown StableDiffusion

Aprills means "to open", which the Romans thought was a good fit for April considering this is the month when the trees and flowers begin to bloom. April is also derived from the Latin word aperit which also means "to open". The Greeks named April Aphros, which is named after Aphrodite, the Greek Goddess of Love.

7. Professional baseball starts in April.

Man swinging a baseball bat in a stadium StableDiffusion

Who doesn't love baseball?

8. April has some of the best weather.

Pink rubber floating flamingo on water Photo by Vicko Mozara on Unsplash

April is during the season of Spring, which happens to be the best season. It is not too hot and it is not too cold. You can get a little bit of rain and a bit of sun on the same day and be able to appreciate the rainbows.

9. April has the Coachella Festival.

Painting of a girl in a hat with palm trees and a Ferris wheel StableDiffusion

For those who don't know, the Coachella Festival, usually just known as "Coachella" is a music festival located in Coachella, California. This is about 30 minutes from Palm Springs, California. This music festival brings in people from all over the world. Granted, the festival has gotten a bit lame performer wise as the years go by, but nonetheless, still a cool music festival to go to.

10. April is the month of my birthday.

Happy birthday wall light sign on black background Photo by Gift Habeshaw on Unsplash

Now, this may make me a little bias, but aw well. I just so happened to be born in the greatest month ever so consider me lucky!