12 Crazy Things A Former Roommate Has Said & Done

Thank you for teaching me how to have some patience with someone as difficult as you

39
UC Davis Student Housing

You learn a lot more about someone when you live with them - their habits, their secrets, their life stories, their problems...But how much is too much? When does it come down to the point when you can't take your roommate anymore? When is it noticeable when a roommate goes a little too far in, well anything? From a personal experience, here are some of the wackiest, things a roommate has ever told me - it was hard to go to sleep sometimes after this level of just plan attention-seeking.

1) "I have been demonically possessed - twice."

2) "I'm allergic to the color of this cat, but I'm fine around every other cat."

3) "I hate Catholicism." *Posts Christian morals all over social media*

4) "I wasn't humming around the house - that was Adele playing." *CLEARLY hums several times a day

5) "I get 'county' and 'country' mixed up sometimes."

6) "I was afraid that I'd be kicked out of the house and left in the rain." ~ We're not barbarians, no one kicks you out of a place unless you're a criminal

7) "I don't do public transportation, I don't know how to."

8) "I don't fully sit on toilet seats at home - it's just how I am."

9) "I want a dog, and I'll just make it a service animal, but don't worry it won't bark at all and I'll keep it in a cage under my bed when I'm gone."

10) "Can I have some?" *Always asking to eat your food when they SHOULD HAVE JUST MADE SOME FOR THEMSELVES

11) "Today in class, some guy came in and PUSHED me in my seat so I stood up in front of the whole class and told him off like a strong woman, and everybody clapped for me." *Yeah, sure

12) This cloth is moldy, this area is moldy, this looks MOLDY..." *Says about everything in the kitchen that is drying yet none of it was that dirty AT ALL.

Okay, I'm not really sorry because when someone who made themselves out to appear and sound OUT OF THIS WORLD MAD, then has the audacity to call you and others the "crazy" ones, this is the outcome. So to everyone who has either lived or simply had to deal with someone that is pretty similar to what all of this sounds like, here's to you for having the strength to put up with them.