12 Cozy And Creative Winter Date Ideas

12 Cozy And Creative Winter Date Ideas

Feel the love this winter (without breaking the bank)!

116
12 Cozy And Creative Winter Date Ideas
Tumblr

Winter often leads a couple to feel the pressure of cabin fever. Temperatures drop, and so does the motivation to get out of bed and face the cold, harsh world. However, it's not time to lose hope and commit to lazy Sundays (at least not every Sunday). Whether it's your first date, you're happily married, or you're just a college couple on a budget, here are some ideas for when you want to spice up the routine, stay cozy, and keep the wintertime romance hotter than ever:

1. Go ice skating.

Sure, it may be a little tricky at first if you're not an ice skating regular, but it can easily become a fun hobby! Practice makes perfect, and you can catch each other (and laugh) when you fall.

2. Try out a new recipe.

What's better than some nice, warm winter comfort food? Oh right, nothing. One of my personal favorites is this copycat Panera broccoli cheddar soup recipe. It tastes just like the real thing, and it's sure to keep your stomach full and your evening cozy.

3. Catch a local hockey game.

Even if you're not the world's biggest hockey fan, it's super easy to bundle up and enjoy this fast-paced game. Check out a local college or AHL team with some cheap tickets, or even an NHL team if you're feeling particularly eager!

4. Make microwave s'mores.

Most college kids don't have the luxury of a fireplace (if you do, can I move in with you?) so the microwave is definitely the next best thing. Grab your favorite ingredients, nuke 'em, and enjoy!

5. Take a snowy hike.

This one may involve a little bit of driving, but it's well worth it. Do a little research on some mountains or hiking trails in your area, make sure they're accessible during the winter months, and go explore! Just don't forget to bundle up!

6. Watch a cheesy, low-budget Netflix movie.

Of course, binge watching Netflix is an easy date night go-to. But, instead of your typical TV show, search by category and pick something with minimal stars. Making fun of how bad it is will be a total bonding experience.

7. Get crafty.

There are plenty of crafty ideas right under your fingertips (thanks to the Internet). You can decorate some mugs or wine glasses, build your own bear, or even paint matching canvases! Search Pinterest and YouTube tutorials for the perfect project!

8. Have a wine and cheese night.

Even if it's just boxed wine and cheap, grocery-store brand cheese, this will make you feel fancy and sophisticated, especially if you get a little dressed up beforehand. Plus, it's a great combo no matter what, so embrace your inner wino and snack away!

9. Discover a new, local coffee shop.

Beyond your nearby Dunkin' and Starbucks, and around a relatively sketchy-looking corner, there's probably a delicious hidden gem. The local, hipster coffee shops may be less mainstream, but they'll become a staple in your date routine because they're so darn delicious.

10. Make chocolate fondue and put it on EVERYTHING.

Edible arrangements can be expensive, so why not make the magic at home! It's easy to melt chocolate in a crock pot, or microwave or sauce pan (with caution). Grab some fresh fruit, cake pieces, cookies, and anything else you can think of! Here's a quick and easy-to-follow recipe from Betty Crocker!

11. Host a game night.

Break out the Monopoly, invite your friends over, and proceed with caution because Monopoly ruins friendships... Ease the competitive mood with some finger food, though! And then maybe switch to a different game before things get ugly. Charades, anyone?

12. Go see a live performance.

Even if you're not aware of it, there are probably cool little theaters or lounges in your area, or even right on campus. See if there are any upcoming musicals, plays, comedy acts, or live music! Chances are, if they're on campus or at a local theater, tickets will be relatively inexpensive, if not free!