11 Tips To Get Through A Tough Week

11 Tips To Get Through A Tough Week

We've all been there, but there's a way to survive.
851

Because we've all been there throughout major stress, some life-altering event, or just having a rough few days, but regardless of the reason, just having a bad week can be a thing. As much as it's awful, we've all kind of been there, done that for a multiplicity of reasons and yet- there's a way to battle this and make an awful week into a good one.

1. Jam out to some great tunes

It's always uplifting to listen to music that not only is great to listen to but feels good to listen to. Music can be really therapeutic and sometimes the things bringing us down can be forgotten or put aside.

My music tastes tend to reflect my moods and there are times you want to listen to those songs you're going to rock out to or even just the ones that keep you in your thoughts or the tunes that bring back good memories and of course the favorite that make you happy each time you listen to them.

2. Find some motivational quotes

Literally, search your heart out. Pinterest has walls of quotes that are uplifting and motivational. Whether they're religious or just quotes that make you feel good, it may end up as a new wallpaper on your phone or just a loved image that keeps you going.

3. Exercise

I know something that clears my mind is exercising. Even if it's not something that you particularly enjoy, it can help to make you concentrate at the task at hand (i.e. whatever way you're exercising) and takes your focus away from what's stressing you out or even can help to work out emotions that you're dealing with. If all else fails, it's good to exercise for the shower afterward.

Giving your own concert in a shower is always a joy--even if you're the only one to enjoy the show.

4. Find your friends

Whether you simply go out for coffee with them, go hang out together doing homework or studying, simply going to hang out with them, getting a hug from someone, or calling a friend you haven't talked to in what feels like forever can be really reassuring.

It's easy to feel like we should disconnect ourselves from the work simply because we're not feeling it and what's going on is something you need to deal with on your own or something that can take a friends help. Never hesitate to ask a friend for support or even just someone to sit with and be in each other's company because if they're a real friend they'll be there and it won't matter why- the company is always appreciated. Surrounding yourself with people who support and love you can make what feels like a world of a difference in even just a bad mood.

Friends are there to support and care for each other, plus sharing laughs with friends is always a way to feel good. I know that even if I feel sad or want to remember something happy, I have a jar of happiness with little notes and memories and random thoughts from a friend.

If you're feeling bad, it could brighten your mood to do something similar for a friend if you aren't lucky enough to have a jar of your own or even just filling a jar (or any container basically, the jar is basically for aesthetic) with happier memories and thoughts, sayings, or even stupid jokes that you can pull out from time to time.

5. Don't be the victim

Sounds a little confusing? It's so easy to feel sorry for yourself enough that you no longer realize what could be keeping you down, is actually you. I typically give myself about 5-10 minutes to pity myself when I'm having a bad day or week and then I make it so that I can change how I feel. I look into ways that actively are either distracting me or make me feel better about whatever's happening or even just myself.

6. Watch a movie

It can be nice to just lounge around and watch a movie maybe you haven't seen before. Even better, one that will make you laugh. I love watching those movies that maybe you've seen them a million times before, but that doesn't mean that you won't watch it again in a heartbeat.

The feel-good movies are the ones that will make you see a character, however, un- or relatable they are and maybe make you think back to yourself. I know that with a friend of mine, we exchange funny Youtube videos and will watch them, knowing how much we've laughed and how much the other person will laugh.

Embarrassing videos can be really funny or even just a vine compilation of ones that will make you laugh so hard it hurts. If this doesn't help, it can be really useful too to unplug from the world to give yourself a break. Nowadays, life moves so fast that sometimes we don't ever unplug so that we can slow down and relax from the bright lights and constant news that we face each day.

7. Get some sleep

Sleep is something that can easily make you glow. That- just woken up after passing out-type of glow you get when you wake up. That type of sleep that you wake up from and you immediately feel bright and energized, that's the type of sleep I'm talking about, it's almost magical. Even naps can be a solution for making your mood better, even if just somewhat of an improvement. They're short, but oh so useful in making you more awake, recharge you, and improve a mood.

8. Eat some chocolate

A girls best friend, right? Yes and it also keeps away the Dementors. But seriously, even a little bit of chocolate can make you feel good. Just don't eat too much- the stuff is addictive.

9. Color your heart out

Sometimes, coloring can help you get out emotions. The best things are those "adult coloring books" complete with swears woven into the various patterns of each page or even finding a cool pattern to color can be relaxing. If coloring isn't your thing, sometimes even journaling can be really relaxing- it helps to get out your feelings and express your thoughts.

10. Look cute

Whether that consists of beating your face, dressing up, or even just looking a way that will make you feel good about yourself could definitely improve your self-esteem and make yourself feel better. Personally, whether it's as simple as dressing in a way that makes you feel good about yourself, looking cute can improve your mood because it's definitely easy to look good for yourself and express yourself in a way that simply stands out for looking how you want and not giving a crap what other people think.

11. Focus on what's important

Like I said, it's easy to pity yourself and dig the hole you may be standing in deeper, but once in a while, take a step back and look at what you've got, what you're going to do, and even where you're at in life. Looking around at life, it could help you to recognize the little details that make your life so important and find each way to recognize what's special in your life.

Life moves fast, so if you don't slow down every once in a while you may not recognize the great things and you'll settle for what's okay. It's MORE than okay to realize that maybe you're not okay. A tear every once in a while isn't such a bad thing. Letting pent up emotion out is looked at as a weakness, but it's showing your strength by how long you've maybe held it together when you've really been falling apart.

A quote I recently found says, "exister c'est oser se jeter dans le monde" by Simone de Beauvoir. For those of you who may not speak French, it says- "to exist is to dare to throw one's self into the world". By simply being you, you're throwing yourself into the world.

And not just the world, but a world filled with all sorts of anger and emotion that from time to times should be dealt with well and maybe makes you realize that for the times you're doing fantastic, a day or a week of unhappiness or stress or whatever is causing you pain, can be changed by simply changing your view and making yourself see what's important.

While I don't know anything really about what the severe struggles of life may be, I can tell you that having a bad week can seem to disintegrate feelings of gladness we were having all along. Though, having one bad week doesn't mean you're having a bad life and that hole that you found yourself in can be covered so that you can bring yourself out of it and live your life the way you intend. Life doesn't always work according to our own plans, but it has a way of revealing itself that pushes you out of where you thought your limits might be.