11 Thoughts I Had This New Year's Morning

Cheers to a new year.

19

After a night full of celebration, these are the first thoughts that crept into my mind on the first morning of 2016.

1. I absolutely do not want to go the gym.

I told myself I would work out more this year, I really did. I'm just so not feeling it at this very moment.

2. But I probably should go to the gym (even though there's basically nothing I'd rather do less).

Because I have to start somewhere, right? I have to at least try with this New Year's resolution.

3. Which leads me to conclude that New Year's resolutions are overrated.

I can make a resolution anytime I damn well please, I don't need to wait for the new year.

4. This bed is my absolute most favorite place in the world.

So much for kickstarting the new year. I don't want to even get up, let alone kick anything. Hence not going to the gym.

5. It's a new year... Wait, it's also Friday; anything important can definitely wait until after the weekend.

Weekends are for Netflix and pajamas.

6. I want that leftover piece of chocolate cake.

I'm not condemning anyone who is on a diet as a New Year's resolution, I'm just saying I'm not part of that crowd, and the chocolate cake was really good.

7. Here come two months of screwing up the year when I write the date.

It happens every year, at least, a five can turn into a six kind of easily. Hopefully.

8. Last night was totally overrated.

We all make a big deal of New Year's Eve, but it's never as fun as I want it to be.

9. Damn, I should probably do all those things I told myself I would start when the new year started.

There's no time like the present (but let's be honest, the year changing isn't quite as motivating as I thought it would be).

10. Today feels basically exactly the same as yesterday.

Except for maybe with a bit of a hangover, depending on what you did to celebrate. But in actuality, it could be any other day, except the date is Jan. 1.

11. Hopefully, this year will be even better than the last.

I tell myself that every year, and I'll do my best to make that true. Adventure on.