11 Things People With Tattoos Are Tired Of Being Asked

I know, you're not staring, you're just admiring my tattoos..
38

Isn't it so extremely obnoxious when people constantly hassle you about the "if, and's, and but's" about having tattoos? I know first hand that it is. If you have any larger tattoos or any tattoos that can't always be hidden, (god forbid!), then you'll definitely be able to relate to all, if not most of the following.

1. DID THAT HURT?

Well, nope. A gigantic bunch of needles pounding ink into my nice, soft flesh doesn't hurt one bit, what would ever give you that idea?

2. WHAT DO THEY MEAN?

First of all, in my case, my tattoos do mean something. But who on Earth are you for me to want to sit there and explain the meaning behind every single one. Second of all, a lot of people get tattoos just because they like whatever it is they're getting, not every tattoo has to have some super special meaning behind it.

3. HOW MUCH DID THAT COST?

A small fortune thanks for asking, but by the way.. how much did your mac book cost? Or the new pair of Uggs that you purchase every year, or that new apple watch.. must i go on? We all choose to spend a lot of money on things we enjoy.

4. COULD'NT YOU HAVE GOTTEN IT DONE CHEAPER?

Yeah, and it probably wouldn't have been half as good.

5. AREN'T YOU SCARED ABOUT FINDING A JOB IN THE FUTURE?

Yes and no. It depends on the field you're looking into but most jobs now are so much more open to tattoos than they have been in the past.

6. WHAT ABOUT WHEN YOU GET OLDER? THEY WON'T LOOK AS NICE.

What about it? If a tattoo is done right it takes a long time to really fade, and you could always go back to the artist for a touch up.

7. WHAT WILL YOUR CHILDREN THINK?

Well, i'm going to teach my children not to be a judgmental a-hole, so there's that.

8. CAN I TOUCH IT?

WHY? Why is this a thing? it feels like regular skin people!

9. YOU KNOW YOU'RE RUINING YOUR SKIN, RIGHT?

And you're ruining your lungs with cigarettes and your liver with alcohol but you don't see me saying anything about that.

10. DON'T YOU WANT NICE PICTURES AT YOUR WEDDING?

I get this one a lot.. As if I'm expected to cover them up to take pictures in my dress or else the pictures will be tainted. My tattoos will add even more to them, not less.

11. ARE YOU ADDICTED TO GETTING TATTOOS NOW?

I mean, probably yeah.