11 Series To Closet Cosplay From

11 Series To Closet Cosplay From

Get ready to either bust open that wardrobe or hit the mall!

2634
11 Series To Closet Cosplay From
www.angelicavis.nl

Cosplay is a lot of fun, but it can also be expensive and time consuming. Plus, not everyone has the skills to make elaborate costumes involving ball gowns or suits of armor. Whichever the case, closet cosplay is often a cheaper alternative. Here are 11 series that offer opportunities for closet cosplay.

1. "Death Note"

This is one of the most common series to produce closet cosplay, but the Shinigami's the limit!

2. "Ouran Highschool Host Club"

Many people have been known to find the right blazers in either thrift stores or Goodwill. With the main wardrobe being school uniforms, this series is genderbend-friendly!

3. "Pokemon"

Whether you want to cosplay a trainer or one of the Pokemon, putting together an outfit from this series is easy, even if you are a perfectionist.

4. "Digimon"

Continuing on with the -mons, while the human characters would be slightly easier in this case, these are still fun, easy cosplays.

5. "Princess Jellyfish"

Your 8 a.m. college class isn't the only place where you can wear sweats—if you were to cosplay Tsukimi, you could comfortably cruise through the con in them. Even if you want to go bigger and cosplay Kuronosuke, his flashy outfits (sans the jellyfish dress) can still be easily put together, whether from your own closet or the racks of H&M and Forever 21.

6. "One Piece"

These cosplays may be more difficult and require some modifications, but they're still doable.

7. "Dangan Ronpa"

These characters may not look so easy to cosplay when grouped together, but some of them actually have pretty simple outfits.

8. "Soul Eater"

Sure, maybe their default outfits would take more work, but they have some alternative ones that would work just as well, such as Soul's season two outfit (pictured above) or any of the street clothes they wear during filler scenes. You'd even stand out a bit, as these versions of the characters aren't cosplayed much.

9. "Sailor Moon"

You may have to steer clear of the sailor fukus, but Usagi and her friends wear a lot of cute '90s clothes when they're not at school or fighting monsters—like Rei's pink overalls! You'll probably have to search for those, but it's a start.

10. "Black Butler"

This may or may not come as a surprise, but a lot of people will closet cosplay from this series—Ciel in particular. As long as you stick to Victorian-styled clothing, you should be good!

11. "Yu-Gi-Oh!"

OK, this last one might be a bit of a stretch, and the above photo probably isn't the best example (Kaiba smiling, +1 dead puppy), but past that crazy hair are some pretty basic clothes. There's Joey's outfit from season one, Yugi/Yami's all-black outfit from that one episode and even Bakura's outfit looks pretty normal. There are also tons of minor characters (Mai Valentine, Bandit Keith, Duke Devlin, etc.) who can be easily cosplayed. Just get a wig commissioned, and you're all set!