11 Reasons Why You Should Be Watching Gilmore Girls Right Now

It's better than Grey's Anatomy.

1641
Glamour

So there's this show called "Gilmore Girls," set in a small town and all that big shabang and let me tell you, it is one of the best TV shows of all time (sorry "Grey's," but you lose this round). It has all the love, drama, and comedy you could ever want from a television show. Here's 11 short and yet slightly detailed reasons why you should watch it and the revival that is coming out in November.

1. Starting the list off, it's about a single mom just trying to raise an awesome kid.

I come from a single parent household and I really relate to this with the relationship that I now have with my mom.

2. If you like coffee, the Gilmores might give you a run for your money.

The whole show is centered around this diner (Luke's) where they get the best coffee.

3. Two words: Jess Mariano.

He is the second guy to ever date Rory, the daughter in the show. He is smart and he loves books. He even writes one!

4. Every month it seems like they have a party going on in the town of Stars Hollow.

My favorite will probably always be the 24 Hour Dance Marathon. I mean look at the outfits!

5. Emily and Richard, the grandparents, make the show enjoyable to a degree.

Mainly Emily more than Richard.

6. Books. Books. Books.

Rory always has a book in her hand or is talking about whatever book she is reading that week. I've actually started the challenge that Buzzfeed has for reading the books Rory has read. I still can't, for the life of me, get past Ayn Rand.

7. Great music is in this show, too.

Lorelei and Rory have a vast amount of CDs (bear in mind that this show was made in the 90s to early 2000s). I wish I had as many CDs as they did!

8. Luke...Ah, Luke Danes.

He is the provider of coffee and the bottomless pit of food when the two Gilmores come in the diner. He really does make the show and is there for the entire series. He's kind of like a father to Rory, he takes his nephew in to try and straighten him out (Jess), and he helps Lorelei out any chance he gets.

9. Mrs. Kim is crazy, but without her we wouldn't have Lane who is Rory's childhood best friend turned rockstar.

Mrs. Kim is against everything and is scary as all get out. I mean she makes me shake just thinking about her.

10. Sookie St. James.

Sookie St. James is probably my second favorite character on the show. She is portrayed by Melissa McCarthy, ya know the one from "Bridesmaids" and "The Heat." She was the cook for the Independence Inn and later the Dragonfly. She was clutzy and I always wanted to try her food because it looked sooo good.

11. Michel.

Pronounced like Michelle. French pompous receptionist of the Independence and Dragonfly Inn. He makes you mad most of the time because he comes off as bit of a jerk but really he's a total sweetheart.

So there you have it, 11 reasons why you should watch Gilmore Girls! If that isn't enough of a reason, then you should really watch it to see what it is all about. Binge watch it while you can before the revival November 25. I'll be watching it with my best friend!

From Your Site Articles