11 Reasons Scott Taylor is my Favorite Person

He will forever be more than just a mailman.

93

Scott Taylor. Wow, what an incredible person. Scott Taylor has come to be one of my favorite people on campus and most definitely my favorite mailman. I don't know about you, but not everyone has a mailman quite as wonderful as Mr. Taylor. Here are 11 reasons why he has become such a significant figure in my life.

1. He is patient.

Yes, I know I am a college student, but sometimes I get confused about mailing things. He has always been patient with me and offered me step-by-step instructions. He has never made me feel inferior.

2. He always has a smile on his face.

Mr. Taylor may be one of the most optimistic people I know. There is never a day that I pass him that he doesn't smile at me or offer a greeting.

3. He helps me open packages.

So there was this one time I was really baffled about why I had a package, so I immediately wanted to see what it is. He saw me struggling and came to the rescue. It was a small gesture, but when being away from home, small things such as this can have a huge impact on you.

4. He always tries to guess what is in my packages, as do I.

"It feels like candy, you better share."

5. He is more than just a mailman.

Scott Taylor reminds me daily of the kind of person I want to be. I hope one day I have the impact on people's lives the way he does here on campus.

6. The emails he sends out get me every time.

Mr. Taylor knows when everyone is on the verge of a mental breakdown, and at that exact moment, Superman reverts to his computer and lets us all know we are actually going to survive this.

7. He is an encourager.

He always lifts people up. You can tell it brings him joy to see other people happy.

8. He is the definition of a true gentleman.

He will never not hold the door for you. He follows the "ladies first" code and is delighted to have ran into you, and you always know it.

9. He picks the best devotions and I know he is always praying for me.

Just when I am feeling very discouraged, I see his name come across my screen with a devotion attached. I always know he is praying for us all and he truly wants the best for us.

10. He makes AU feel more like home.

Being away from home can be really hard sometimes. Then you run into people like Scott Taylor and you realize that you are just where you are supposed to be.

11. Basically, he just rocks.

Thank you, Mr. Taylor, for being the most awesome mailman I have ever met in my life. Thank you for all you do for us and for making our college experience better just by having you in it.

We love you, Scott Taylor!