Report this Content
Whether we choose to acknowledge it or not, our exes have had significant impacts on our lives. They’ve changed who we are as people-- in good ways and in not-so-good ways. When it comes down to it, though, a lot of our development as people is impacted by our past (as well as present) relationships.
When I was doing my research, so to speak, for this article, I noticed that we all feel differently about our exes. Some of us have thanked them for their involvement in our lives; we admit that they’ve made us better people. Some of us even thank them for hurting us because it’s helped us grow.
Some of us wish them nothing but luck and happiness in their future while some of us are still… a bit salty about how our relationships dwindled out. Some of us still crave closure and some of us never want to look back. No matter the feelings we have, though, we can all relate to each other in one way or another.
1. "We were really good for each other, I’m sorry you weren’t ready to commit to me when that was all I needed to make us work.” -Anonymous
2. "I just want you to be happy, with whoever it may be.” - Adam, 19
3. "You were so immature and stupid that dating you made me a better person” -Jonelle, 19
4. "I wish I had told you that even though I saw all the red flags, I stayed with you anyway. I loved you that much.” -Courtney, 21
5. "I feel my exes aren’t even worth saying things to” -Taylor, 19
6. "Do you realize how much energy I put into you? You wasted so much of my time and I thank you for showing me I deserve the very best in this world and you definitely weren't it." -Anneke, 20
7. "You and I should have been friends before we dated. Would have made things a lot easier. But you taught me a lot about myself, so regrets don’t make sense at this point” -Luke, 21
8. "I didn’t really love you. I thought I did, but I really didn’t. And you didn’t love me either.” -Sara, 19
9. "I didn’t know anything about you nor did you know a thing about me. All I really knew was I was better off without you.” -Amber, 19
10. "I loved the idea of us, but I didn’t love you.” -Danielle, 19
11. "Thank you.” -Madison, 19
This article has not been reviewed by Odyssey HQ and solely reflects the ideas and opinions of the creator.