11 Quotes To Promote Self Love

11 Quotes To Promote Self Love

Quotes to remind us we are phenomenal

165
11 Quotes To Promote Self Love
Olivia Higdon

Here's to those who struggle to accept themselves. You deserve to love yourself, and these quotes really helped me through my roughest of times.

1) "It was when I stopped searching for home within others and lifted the foundations of home within myself, I found there were no roots more intimate than those between a mind and body that have decided to be whole"- Rupi Kaur

2) "Sometimes you need to remind yourself that you were the one who carried you through the heartache. You are the one who sits with the cold body on the shower floor, and picks it up. You are the one who feeds it, who clothes it, who tucks it into bed, and you should be proud of that. Having the strength to take care of yourself when the world is trying to bleed you dry, that is the strongest thing in the universe"- Anonymous on Tumblr

3) "It’s hard to be sad about your body when you think of it as a landscape. You don’t criticize a mountain for being too big, or a valley for being too winding, and no one ever complains about the vastness of the sea. You are part of the earth and you are so beautiful friends"- Anonymous on Tumblr

4) "You are not your abuse. You are not what they did to you. You are not your trauma. You are the cleverness that survived. You are the courage that escaped. You are the power that hid & protected a tiny spark of your light. You will fan that spark into a bonfire of rage and love, and with it you will burn all their lies to ash"- Anonymous on Tumblr

5) "How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you" - Rupi Kaur

6) " It’s really okay to love yourself. Appreciate the funny curve of your nose, and that gap in your teeth that makes your smile prettier. Just because you don’t look like that girl in the magazine doesn’t mean you can’t tell yourself you’re beautiful every now and then"- From 20 Things You Should Know Before You're 20 on Tumblr

7) "Be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars. In the noisy confusion of life keep peace with your soul"- Max Ehrmann

8) "If I am worth something later, I am worth something now. For wheat is wheat, even if people think it is grass in the beginning"- Vincent Van Gogh

9) " Your body is made of the same elements that lionesses are built from. Three quarters of you is the same kind of water that beats rocks to rubble, wears stones away. Your DNA translates into the same twenty amino acids that wolf genes code for. When you look in the mirror and feel weak, remember, the air you breathe in fuels forest fires capable of destroying everything they touch. On the days you feel ugly, remember: diamonds are only carbon. You are so much more"- Anonymous on Tumblr

10) "You are not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness"- Anonymous on Tumblr

11) "Flowers grow back even after they are stepped on. So will I"- Anonymous