The 11 Most Popular Tech Toys Of The Year

Make a kid (or kid-at-heart) happy this holiday.

72
Google Images

As the holidays grow near, boys and girls nationwide are getting into the holiday spirit—and are most likely ecstatic over the presents that they are about to receive! But what are most kids into nowadays? Technology, of course! I can't go long now without spotting a child with a smartphone in tow as they curiously explore its apps and features. Therefore, technological toys are definitely the way to go when shopping for children in the digital age because it prepares them for the new technological developments and advancements currently happening. Not only will they learn with these toys, they will have fun playing with them too! So, are you struggling to find the perfect gift for your little brother or sister (or an adult who is a kid at heart) this holiday season? Look no further as I have compiled a list of 11 popular tech toys for kids that are sure to spark their imagination and creativity!

1. CHiP the Lovable Robot Dog ($199)

Developed by the company WowWee, CHiP is a robotic dog that responds to your command and touch. He is able to learn many commands with his built-in artificial intelligence, which also helps him develop his personality over time. With the included ball, SmartBand (that allows CHiP to follow you around), and SmartBed (that charges CHiP whenever he is low on battery), this robotic dog would make the perfect holiday gift for those who can't afford to get their kids a real pet! Get it here!

2. COJI the Coding Robot ($60)

Also developed by the company WowWee, COJI the Coding Robot connects with smartphone and tablet apps in order to teach children the basics of programming using emojis. Additionally, kids can play games with COJI, while also interacting with him even when the app is not on. Get this for your future STEM students here!

3. BB-8 App-Enabled Droid ($150)

The company, Sphero, has modeled their most recent robot off of BB-8 from "Star Wars: The Force Awakens." With a downloadable app for both smartphones and tablets, kids will be able to control the movement of BB-8. Not only that, but kids can send BB-8 to examine nearby surroundings (almost akin to a hidden camera), as well as record and view holographic messages (with the virtual reality feature found within the app)! BB-8 can even watch the new Star Wars movie and react accordingly to different scenes. Get your little Star Wars fan the perfect companion here!

4. Cozmo ($200)

Created by Anki, Cozmo has a unique A.I. which allows its personality to continually develop the more a child plays with it. Cozmo is also intelligently capable enough to survey his surroundings and interact with them accordingly based on what type of mood he is in. Furthermore, children can play many games with this smart little robot for hours of entertainment. Unfortunately, Cozmo is currently sold out due to popular demand, but you can sign up here to be notified by email once it is back in stock!

5. Furby Connect ($100)

Popular in the 90s, Hasbro has now reintroduced Furbies to a new generation of kids. More technologically advanced now, Furby can now connect to any smartphone or tablet app, which will allow kids to play with it and take care of it in a new virtual way. To top it all off, Furby can also sing songs and watch videos with its owner making it the ideal companion to have on a winter's day. With updates constantly being developed for Furby and it's app, this is a great toy to get for the holidays. Get it here!

6. 3Doodler Start ($50+)

The 3Doodler Start is a pen that allows children to create 3D sculptures using melted plastic. Kids can draw to create creatures, animals, building, or anything from their imaginations using this nifty tool! It even comes with an activity book of stencils to help kids get started with their crafting. Get your little aspiring artist this cool gift here!

7. Osmo ($75+)

Osmo is an award-winning educational system developed exclusively for the iPad. There are many kits (with downloadable apps) that can be purchased for Osmo to teach kids about shapes, drawing, and even coding. With an educational system like this, kids will have fun expanding their imaginations while also learning in the process! Get it here!

8. Edwin the Duck ($100)

Edwin the Duck was developed specifically for toddlers and preschoolers and allows them to play games (through a downloadable app) with this little rubber duckie. Furthermore, this duck can also help with bathtime (with its thermometer and waterproof speaker) and bedtime (with its nightlight and sound soother), making it a great toy to have for both parents and kids. Get it here!

9. Talkie: Hank, a Dino ($60)

Hank, a Dino is a cute little plushie that doubles as a walkie-talkie! Kids can take Hank wherever there is Wi-Fi and be able to communicate with friends or grownups through the dinosaur plush, while others use a downloadable app on their smartphone or tablet to receive and send voice messages. With updates constantly being sent from the cloud to Hank the dinosaur, it makes it an innovative toy to get any child. Get it here!

10. CogniToys Dino ($100)

CogniToys Dino is an essential toy to give to kids who are curious about the world. Dino is capable of answering over three thousand questions and is continuously expanding its knowledge. Kids can ask Dino almost anything and they will receive kid-appropriate responses in return. Additionally, Dino is able to learn the name of their little owners and keeps track of their child's favorite things, offering a more personalized experience. Not only that, but Dino can play games, tell stories, provide relaxing meditation techniques, and can even comfort a child when he or she is feeling sad. With all these wonderful features, Dino makes a wonderful gift to any child. Get it here!

11. AirJamz App-Enabled Air Guitar ($50)

AirJamz App-Enabled Air Guitar is a little electronic guitar pick that makes you look a lot cooler when playing air guitar because it actually allows you to make music! With a motion sensor and choice between electric guitar, acoustic guitar, heavy metal guitar and classical guitar, kids will only have to strum the air in order to create beautiful music. Get your little music enthusiast the AirJamz Air Guitar here!

With all these wonderfully innovative tech toys out on the market today, you should have no problem getting children educational gadgets for the upcoming holidays! Happy shopping, everyone!