12 Things To Know About People With Nut Allergies

It can seem annoying, but it's our health that's in danger.
160

1. Please don't breathe in my face while you're chomping on that Reese's Cup

Not only is this inconsiderate, but it can also trigger a reaction. So chew on a breath mint before you start a conversation.

2. Assorted desserts are the WORST

As much as I would love to inhale desserts, I can't take the risk with that peanut butter cookie beside the chocolate one.

3. "You're just being paranoid"

Am I? The fact that I can die from a nut isn't exactly something I can gamble on, Becky.

4. Southwest Airlines is a big NO

I'm sure you divas can live for four hours without your precious roasted peanuts.

5. "Oh, I totally forgot you were allergic!"

Then start remembering.

6. "Are peanuts nuts?"

Legumes.

7. Checking the label on EVERYTHING

Yes, even when it says "Made in a facility" or "Made with equipment that processes nuts", I'm still a little nervous.

8. I make my friends wash their hands twice if they've touched or eaten peanut butter

Still not a mental thing.

9. "Maybe you're meant to die — it's survival of the fittest"

Sometimes I think I'm doing a pretty good job so far.

10. I think EVERYONE should know how to use an EpiPen

It saves lives, you know.

11. To the people serving me food surrounded by and touching nuts: Please change equipment accordingly

It not only can save my life but thousands of others, as well.

12. No, I cannot have Almond, Cashew, or Pistachio milk

I know we try to be healthy, but let's stick to a nice 2% milk choice.