11 Feelings You've Had This Semester

11 Feelings You've Had This Semester

A look back on this semester.

15
11 Feelings You've Had This Semester

Ahhh finals time. The most stressful time of the year. Well it depends on the college student. While there are lists about finals, this is not one. While you are studying your butt off for finals, you may not have time to think about the fall semester. So here is your fall semester summed up.

1. The first week

Whether or not you are a freshman or a returning student, there is something about coming back to campus. You think that you are independent. You think that even though you live in an apartment, you got everything handled but that changes when classes start up. So buckle up, you are an adult.

2. When the assignments start piling on

It may not seem like a lot at first but it can sneak up on you. It could be when you realize you have a paper due in a couple days or an assignment due the next day. Either way, it feels like a punch to the face when you realize how much you really have to do.

3. How you felt during the election

Whether you hated Trump, Clinton or hated politics generally, you felt like growling or screaming. This election cycle was a tough one. With so much hate on both sides, it was hard to have a calm and rational discussion about politics. We can at least say it's over.

4. When you got a good grade on that assignment/test/quiz/etc you thought you failed.

We have all experienced this. There is nothing like the feeling of euphoria of seeing that A or B on that paper. We feel like a higher power has given us a second chance. I have had this feeling personally. I had to blink severally times and had a friend pinch me.

5. You should have been studying but were doing some stupid sh*t

This is something that happens all the time. It's called procrastination and it is a college student's greatest nemesis. It hits you with "Oh I have plenty of time to do that" and "It won't take that long to do." But it can bite you. So beware of this next semester.

6. You and your BFF had a good night out.

This can be with your BFF back home or your one at school but you at least had one lit af night out. This could be either going out to a club or even going to the movies. Either way, you had a great time.

7. You realized how lucky you are when it comes to your squad

When it comes down to the wire, your squad is there. They are the ones that get you through the tough days and are by your side. They are there to help you through classes and drama. This semester you realized just how truly blessed you are.

8. You don't have anymore f*cks to give.

Someone who is not worth your time will ask you to give a f*ck and you will not be able to find one. You used them all up on your squad and classes. There is none left for unnecessary drama.

9. You've almost died.

This could be literally or metaphorically. The flu that always get passed around campus is one culprit. The sickness spreads so quickly, you don't your sick until it's too late. You were feeling so awful you waited for the sweet embrace of death.

10. You've been neck deep in finals and papers and felt overwhelmed.

Everyone hates this time of the school year, finals but at least it will be over shortly.

11. You are ready to start binge watching and eating.

Ahh Christmas break, you couldn't have come at a better time.