11 Dr. Seuss Quotes You Really Understand Now

He really got us all.
155

It can't be denied how many of us loved Dr. Seuss as children. We enjoyed the rhyme scheme, the funny pictures and the inspirational cartoons. But what we didn't realize then was how important some of these quotes would be later in our lives. Sometimes I think Dr. Seuss books were written more for adults than anyone else. So, take a break from that 500 page book and let your mind flow. You'll be surprised how much you can relate to Dr. Seuss now!

1. Reading Is Important

Reading, reading, reading. College students are always reading something - always learning something new. Dr. Seuss was right with this one. The more we know, the more we will achieve!

2. It's OK To Be Yourself

We are constantly struggling with ourselves whether it's trying to find ourselves, feeling comfortable with ourselves. We are constantly at war with ourselves. In this time in our lives, we start to become more comfortable with who we are. Dr. Seuss knows there is only one of us, so we might as well love it!

3. You Will Be Alone

Though this seems dark and dreary, Dr. Seuss was really onto something here. We find ourselves alone. Whether we're alone physically or alone in our minds, most of the time, alone is where we are. And while it can be quite a scary place to be, it is right there that we find independence and strength within ourselves.

4. You Will Only Have One True Best Friend

We meet so many people in our lives. Some we think will be our friends forever, just to find out they were only temporary. However, we do find one person. Dr. Seuss showed us that this person will be meant for you, they will help you, guide you, love you, even if they are just as crazy and insane as you. You will be Thing 1 and you will find your Thing 2.

5. Enjoy The Ride

Life is not a race. Everyone is at different stages in their lives at different times. Nobody is doing better or worse than you. Dr. Seuss reminds us to just go with the flow, let things happen. When you do that, things become a little easier.

6. You'll Do Great Things

You can do anything you want in life. Dr. Seuss tells us to cease the day! We are in control of our own lives. We can make a difference. We can change the world. We just have to put our mind to it. It is not impossible.

7. Appreciate, Appreciate, Appreciate

We take many things for granted in our lives. Dr. Seuss shows us through his Grinch story that we should always see the real meanings behind holidays. We should take the time to appreciate what we have and why we have it.

8. You Matter

Especially this time in our lives, we all tend to doubt our self-worth. Things get hard and we give up because what's the point? Well, according to Dr. Seuss, it doesn't matter who you are, where you are and what you are. In the end, all that matters is that you're trying. You will get where you need to be!

9. Care

A huge difference starts by just one simple person trying to make a change. Dr. Seuss is here to remind us it is important to care about others, ourselves, and the world we live in. That is all we have, after all. But if nobody does anything, nothing will change.

10. Face Your Battles

Remember that war you were fighting with yourself? It just got worse - the whole world got involved. Dr. Seuss knows that at some point, it will feel like the universe has turned against you. Nothing is going your way. What you have to do is fight back. Gather up your courage and strength, step out onto the battlefield, and show them who's boss!

11. Life Is Good

And with the tip of his hat, he said his goodbyes. Now, then we learned to smile, not cry! Dr. Seuss showed us that everything happens for a reason. Everything eventually works out. And even when memories make you sad, you should be happy that you were once able to feel that happy. And there are many more moments like that to come.