101 Tips For Girls

101 Tips For Girls

Well maybe not that many...yet.

20
101 Tips For Girls
http://imgarcade.com

Us girls have to stick together. We all pick up different helpful tips along our way, tips that we use in our daily lives and find extremely helpful so we want to pass them on. I may not have 101 of them yet, but here are the ones that I use and want to pass on to help make your life simpler and maybe even better!

1. No rubber bands.

I'm sure we all experienced this one when we were little girls. You know, when the rubber band gets stuck in your hair and you have to cut it out. It hurts! But it can't hurt any worse to reiterate that -- anything that is not covered in something soft and slidable should never go in your hair!

2. Never do your nails the day of your special event.

I used to think that if I did my nails the morning of that they would look best. Lies! They get smudged or bumped and you're doomed. And adding more coats just makes it worse, then you run out of time and have to leave them alone. Or if you're really like me, when you curl your hair, and because it's still kind of wet, the heat burns it off. Always do your nails at least the day before. Two days is better.

3. Leave well enough alone.

You're all ready to go! Makeup looks great, your outfit is beautiful, and your hair actually did what you wanted it to. "But wait, there is something that could be a little better...I should curl that piece of hair a little more and add a little more eyeshadow." Don't do it, girl! Leave well enough alone. Don't fix what isn't broken. More is not always better. And nowadays, having a little imperfection in your updo is in.

4. Lock the car doors as soon as you get in.

Whether it's day or night, no matter where you are, or if you feel safe or not, always get in, close the door and hit that lock button right away. People are extremely unpredictable. And good habits are good to have.

5. Creepy guy alert.

You're shopping at Target and you see a guy that makes your womanly instincts kick in. There are three things I do depending on the situation. 1. Make eye contact with him and let him know you saw him. Look confident and act confident and he'll know you're hard to mess with. 2. Make a phone call. When you start talking to someone, he'll back off. Or just get your phone out in plain sight. 3. Trust your instincts. Womanly intuition is a thing for a reason!

6. Self-defense classes.

However, it is also good to have a few moves under your belt in case anything serious should happen. You'll feel safer knowing you can protect yourself and safer knowing what to do if the situation should arise. So get your girlfriends together and go kick some butt!

7. Spandex.

It's just a good idea to always wear spandex when you have a dress or a skirt on, especially if you're going on a date!! A "Marilyn moment" isn't as glamorous as she makes it out to be.

8. Vloggers are your best friend.

Do you like having the perfect outfit, hair, and makeup, but you don't quite know where to start or how to do it? Enter YouTube. Find a vlogger that you like and see how they do theirs. And no, it's not embarrassing. It's extremely helpful and resourceful.

9. Plan the outfit days before, and try it on.

First date, BFF's wedding, family holiday dinner...don't wait to figure out what you're going to wear. And if there is anything new about the outfit, try it on because literally a hundred things could go wrong/be wrong.

10. Outlet is my middle name.

Do not be ashamed to shop at outlet stores. You'd be surprised how many people you think dress nicely or have nice clothes. Just because you have expensive taste doesn't mean you have to pay for it.

11. Pinterest is your other BFF.

Let's just say that you want to be at the point where you can find a vlogger you like, but you just don't have the fashion sense to know what you like or don't like. Pinterest can help you. Start discovering what is "you" and what isn't "you." Or you may not be caught up on what is "in" and what isn't. It will help you with that too.

12. Layered dresses.

Always, always, always make sure the bottom layer of your dress is pulled down under the top layer...especially if the top layer is see-through. Yeah, there might be a story that goes with that tip and no, you don't get to know it.

13. Keep 'em waiting.

It's good to keep your date waiting for a few minutes. First, so they can chat with any family or friends of yours that might be there, and second, it's fun to make an entrance. And also whether they know it or not, it's just good for them to sweat a bit.

14. You can always count on bobby.

Bobby pins, use them! As a dancer who has these sticking in her head 24/7 and as a girl, I can honestly say that these little fellas are a girl's best friend. Keep some in your purse, car, pockets or backpack. But don't let the vacuum get to them.

15. You know what's...

Yeah that time of month could really happen anytime. It doesn't care what we think. Just like bobby pins, keep some in your car, purse, suitcase and anywhere else you can think of. And even if you don't have to use them, your girlfriend will love you.

16. Girls' night out.

Grab the chocolate, ice cream and cookie dough, and don't forget the chick flick. These nights are better for your soul and your friendships then you realize. Galentines Day should totally be a thing.