10 Ways Veganism Has Changed My Body

10 Ways Veganism Has Changed My Body

How does veganism affect the body?

124
10 Ways Veganism Has Changed My Body
Jessica Irwin

There are no negative effects of veganism. Here is a list of 10 benefits I have received within two years of eating plant-based foods. Because if you feed your body well, you will receive many rewards in your personal health and well-being.

1. Clear Skin

Everybody wants a clear complexion without bumps or acne. With plant-based foods, your acne can simply be cured. Cutting out the animal products reduces the amount of fat, hormones, and toxins in your cells. Dairy is especially correlated with acne. Dairy products are full of fat, cream, pus, hormones, antibiotics, and other toxins that your skin does not agree with. Whether you struggle with acne, redness, or dry skin, veganism will surely help you.

2. Healthy Digestion

Being regular is important. Your diet has everything to do with how easy or hard it is to go to the bathroom. Fiber-rich foods are your body's best friend when it comes to digestion and feeling good. Without fiber, constipation commonly occurs. Drinking lots of water is also vital. If you don't consume enough water, your stool will become hard and stuck in your intestines.

3. Getting and Staying Slim

Being in the healthy BMI range is vital for overall health. With the vegan lifestyle, you will be able to maintain a healthy weight that you desire and keep off the extra ten pounds that are common during the holidays. Keep in mind that veganism is a sustainable, long-term lifestyle. This is not meant to be a crash diet or short-term fad.

4. Healthy Hair and Nails

Plant-based foods are really beneficial for hair health. My hair has become fast growing and split ends are less of a problem. My nails used to break or peel sometimes. I know other people who struggle with thin, brittle nails which can be a sign of health issues such as B vitamin deficiencies or thyroid problems, or pigment spots in the nails which can be a sign of calcium deficiency. With the vegan lifestyle, your nails will become stronger and less prone to breaking, peeling, or other issues.

5. Naturally Whiter Teeth

As a child, I was terrible at brushing my teeth. Yep, I was a problem child sometimes! I didn't much care about my oral health, so that led to yellowing teeth. The soda and candy didn't help either! When you start eating vegan, you will naturally be eating foods that do not have food coloring or mean dyes in them. Fruits and vegetables are like natural toothbrushes and they will help whiten your smile without the harsh chemicals found in tooth whitening strips/trays.

6. Less Body Odor

Vegans smell better. All over. Period.

7. Fresh Breath

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean that every vegan has minty breath. I just mean that vegans tend to have better oral health. Fruits and veggies help rid the mouth of pesky bacteria. Therefore, better breath is to be the outcome, right?

8. Brighter Eye Color

It's a strange phenomenon that happens with vegans. Over time, our eye color changes a bit. This is most prevalent with raw vegans who eat only raw, fresh fruits and veggies, some nuts and seeds. They are the super healthy vegans that every vegan wishes to be like someday :)

9. Nutrition

Plant foods are absolutely the healthiest foods to eat. Eat the rainbow! Your body thanks you.

10. Clear Conscience, Happy Heart

I can't lie. It feels good to live peacefully and consciously. I can actually and truthfully say that I no longer contribute to the cruel animal agriculture business. My food comes from wholesome roots (literally) and no one was harmed in the making. My body is fueled by Earth, not cute animals.

____________________________________________

Thanks a lot for reading!

- Jess

You can join my vegan journey on my Instagram @ounceofjess. Make sure to tell me on IG if you found me through the blog. It would make my day!