10 Ways To NOT Break-Up

10 Ways To NOT Break-Up

Before you know it, you're living in a third world country with someone you hate.

307
10 Ways To NOT Break-Up
datingtipsfortoday.com

Breaking up is tough on everyone. It's an overall awkward experience that often leaves at least one person in emotional distress. In this list, I'll narrow down the best to the worst ways to call off a relationship.

10) Face to Face

Probably the least damaging of all the breakups to follow. It provides closure and in my opinion is the only way that doesn't make you look like a coward. The only reason it even makes this list is because breaking up in general sucks.

9) Phone calls

Only acceptable in long distance relationships and even then, Facetime or Skype would be the better route. Phone calls are a way to disconnect one's self from the actual action so as to not be around the person. Don't get me wrong, there will still most likely be awkward moments such as crying or an intense monologue by the victim. However, you do have the option of putting the phone down and getting a sandwich.

8) "Going to Yemen"

By far the riskiest of the bunch. This method requires lying and a pretty significant one if you want it to be effective. Too small and you find yourself having to go through with the lie. Too big and it's not even believable. And you run the risk of the other person being OK with the lie and before you know it, you're living in a third world country with someone you hate.

7) Texting

Extremely impersonal and just an overall douchebag move. Admittedly, I have used this method before and I still receive the backlash from it. Leaves little to no closure and surely will ruin your reputation.

6) The Kate Hudson Approach

If you've seen "How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days," you may be familiar with this method. It's simply being such a terrible partner that the other is forced to breakup with you. This method is extremely cowardly and a way to avoid taking the blame. However, it does leave one with a clear conscience.

5) Email

Because who the f*ck e-mails?

4) Public humiliation

Any time your break-up message starts with @ and can be seen by everyone... you're a dick.

3) Change in Status

This one is pretty closely related to #4, however, relationships statuses are basically posters saying you belong to such and such. A sudden change in status is like a swift kick to groin with no fair warning.

2) Tag In

This one requires little to no soul. Basically you ask a friend to do the dirty work and while everyone has a best friend that would take a bullet for them, having them end your relationship is pretty elementary school level.

1) Going ghost

By far the worst way to break up with someone is to completely deny their existence. It requires lots of hiding and a change in routine. This way is reserved to those who have no humanity left and simply want a way out. This will leave the person emotionally damaged for quite some time.